cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone else who's been unable to connect got this msg?

N/A

Hi all,

Been disonnected for nearly two weeks now. Did all the usual checks. Was then given a suppliers fault ref number and told it was being looked into. Today, I got the following msg.
----------------
Dear
Further tests show that you have the wrong settings in the connections section of your modem or router.

You need to ensure that you have the correct modulation and encapsulation settings entered. These are PPPoA (not PPPoE) and VC Based (not LLC). Having these settings wrong should fix this issue.
-----------------------------

I HAVE checked my settings already and they are as described below!!

I'm on the Crayford exchange, which according to other post on here is having probs. Has anyone else -who thought that the source of the error was at the supplier end also received this type of msgHuh

How should I proceed? I've already e-mailed back o confirm correct settings, but I'm just beginning to wish that I was back on my iold ultra stable 2 meg line and to heck with MAXADSL and Tiscali!!

Regards,

Paul
1 REPLY
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi Paul,

So long as you reply back to the question then that's all we'll need. I have seen a few reports of problems on this particular exchange although there aren't any Major Service Outages being reported there.

The testing that can be done is usually pretty good and can identify most problems but there are times that it can be wrong. If it all checks out fine then we'll make sure it's escalated up the chain for you.