cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone anything good to say about PlusNet?

N/A

Logged on this afternoon and noticed a banner saying uSwitch have voted PlusNet the best ISP with 92% customer satisfaction. Thing is If you look at the forum it's all bad news about CS, MaxDSL, wait times, this is knackered, that's gone down again etc.etc. Who is this 92% and how can I become one of the happy ones? :twisted:
28 REPLIES
N/A

The price is ok, forums are a good source of information, connection is ok (for me it is at the moment) and I believe there is free coffee for the staff! Smiley
N/A

become a share holder :lol:
N/A

I wouldn't go as far as that ! :shock:
N/A

These boards are never going to be singing the praises of PlusNet.

Community Support is hardly the domain of those who are happy with their service.
monkeyboy
Dabbler

What about the boards at adslguide and many others, they are hardly singing praises for plus net.

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/review/censura.php?cmd=details&itemid=244

On the adslguide forums, ISP Unhappiness, normally filled with plusnet complaints, seems to be low at the moment, as someone suggested, maybe all the users have left!

http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=unhappiness&page=&view=&sb=&o=
channel
Grafter

These boards are never going to be singing the praises of PlusNet.

Community Support is hardly the domain of those who are happy with their service.

It certainly used to be the case, in the old days, that these forums very much were full of people singing the praises of plusnet. Incredible it may seem now, but it is true!!

In response to the OP, I remain pretty happy with my connection, the email service is just about okay at the moment. I gave up using the webspace a long time ago, since it just wasn't reliable enough, and I rarely, if ever, use the support function, so I have no idea how bad that might be.

To compare and contrast, I think about my parents, who recently had talk talk broadband put in "free". Its a pretty good browsing service but, my god, when they had a log on problem and tried to get through to support..... endless menus, an hour's wait and still no answer. My mother has resorted to contacting them via royal mail!! Whatever complaints there are about plus net support, I don't think they have got to that level yet.....
N/A

What about the boards at adslguide and many others, they are hardly singing praises for plus net.

Or any other ISP's. Go here http://www.ispreview.co.uk/talk/forumdisplay.php?f=96 and find people complaining about Virgin, Pipex, Tiscali, Zen, V21 and that's just on the first page of 31!

Support forums are generally where people come to resolve or discuss problems.
N/A

All I hear at work is Nildram are c**p, NDO are c**p, BT are c**p........et all

No one sings the praises of an ISP that just works.

At the moment (touch wood) my PlusNet service is ticking along very nicely at between 2 and 5 meg, fast enough for me.
I have referred a few people and never had any complaints.
I use a plugin to limit major downloads to off peak times to stay within the FUP.

Tho I have only had cause to contact customer services twice and both times were dealt with quickly.
N/A

sklee - likewise

Now have a 6.5mb connection for £16.99 a month. CS have always responded promptly and efficiently. Had a couple of problems but I am realistic and reasilse that sometimes things go wrong. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
N/A

Looks like the old adige applies.

When I do right knowone remembers, when I do wrong knowone forgets.

On the whole I suppose I am happy with PlusNet. Sure E.mail is a sore point at times, throughput is less than desirable on occasions (keep getting webpage timeouts) and I keep wondering If I could get the same for less elsewhere (paying £21.99) but 'better the devil you know' Saying that I've just spent the last couple of hours changing my e.mail addresses to a mail forwarding service so If things get much worse I can now move with mininal trouble. Cool
N/A

:twisted: :twisted: NOT ANY MORE :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
passer
Grafter

As most of the above. I just asked my family what they think about the broadband, and they all said "fine". As far as they are concerned it's fast enough and always there. I have a connection that is always on, and my router regularly stays up for 300 or 400 hours, until I bounce it myself. As for speeds, I get a steady 1800 most of the time, with the occasional dip down to 800 or 900 in peaktimes for an hour or so.

I just got an email asking me if I want to opt-in to 8mb or wait. We'll wait, thanks. It ain't broke.

My only dealings with CS have been on behalf of friends, and whilst a tad formulaic, eventually effective. I do worry that they assume zero knowledge or intelligence from the customer, but accept that they're addressing this.

My only real gripe is that I feel the limits on my account are stingy - half what I used to get. I rarely use more than 12 or 13 gb a month, but most of it is in peaktime (quelle surprise!) and I resent having to be careful and watch it, and I find the 8gb email patronising.

The forums are a bonus.
N/A

The trouble I find with "ADSL Guide" is that a lot of the complaints come from people who are not Plusnet customers, or ex-Plusnet customers with what appears to be an axe to grind: hardly what I would call a reliable and unbiased source of information: subtract them and a different picture emerges.

As to the original question I am more then satisfied with the service I am recieving speed although not great are more than adequate for my needs in the 4 and a bit years I have have been here..... I don't need many fingers to count loss of conections and on the infrequent times I have needed to contact CS have always found them helpful.
Ritey
Grafter

There have been a lot of probs with PNs broadband this year, b4 that i had virtually no issues at all.

Having said that my connection has been pretty stable recently.

The only hassle at the moment (for me anyway) is that iv been maxed for 3 months but my stable rate has never changed from 2000 yet i sync at 8128 and my bt speed test is 5000+.
But at least my 2000 is not giving me problems (i touch my wooden head for good luck)