cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has Something Happened to the Plusnet Premier Account?

N/A

I joined Plusnet in and around July of this year and have had nothing but problems. Coming from Wanadoo I was expecting a much better Service than I have been getting. From day one, I was put on to a 2meg connection which my line couldn't take and for weeks I battled with Plusnet to try and sort the matter out (yes I know BT were at fault as well......I know all that........and I have had long and protracted discussions on this forum about that). Eventually, I was downgraded to 1meg and from then till about last week everything was..........just alright (except every day I have had about 2 or 3 disconnections but (Reluctantly)I have come to accept this for having a 1meg connection)
As I say that was until last week when things have got much worse...........TERRIBLE
I took the Premier account because I download quite a lot from P2P sites. I used to get download speeds of 30/40 K/sec now (for some unknown reason) I am getting speeds of 0.1/9 K/sec Terrible speeds. It doesn't matter what time of the day or night, the speed is all the same....Terrible.
So Plusnet, what has happened to the Premier Account, have you changed something, and if you have, should you not have written to your customers and told them of the changes Cry Cry Cry Cry

Harry
93 REPLIES
N/A

well...
premier has become BB+.....and BB+ has become.....a joke.
munsy
Grafter

Welcome to the world that is now (You signed up for 12Mths) and you are stuck and can do nothing about it, unless you want to pay for the outstanding months and we may consider giving you your MAC code as long as you pay your deferred activation and modem cost.

I am in the same boat so please just live with it. I have tried to do the thing with raising a support ticket but they were not interested, did not agree that anything has chnged more interested in saying you agreed so you have to pay if you want to go.
suggest you go here and get your views across to the nation who may be looking in.
http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=unhappiness
N/A

What do you mean Premier has become BB+?
I'm paying £21.99 for Plusnet Premier not £14.99 for BB+
I wanted the freedom to download and thats why I paid the extra to get Plusnet Premier. Are saying they have changed the account?

Harry Cry Cry Cry Cry
N/A

Welcome to the world that is now (You signed up for 12Mths) and you are stuck and can do nothing about it, unless you want to pay for the outstanding months and we may consider giving you your MAC code as long as you pay your deferred activation and modem cost.

I am in the same boat so please just live with it.

I didn't realise I signed up for 12 months, I thought I had only signed up on a month to month basis...............but you could be right
If you are right then I will have to stick it out but what I want to know is, have they changed the Premier Account? and if so why did they not write to their Customers and inform them of the changes?
I know that Wanadoo were never held up as being a great ISP but if they changed anything on my account then they sent me an Email to notify me of the changes.
So again I ask the question " has something changed on the Plusnet Premier Account"?

Harry Cry Cry Cry Cry
N/A

Yes,They couldnt afford the electricity bill so they had to move to steam power....and next week they will be moving to horse and cart..........
N/A

I didn't realise I signed up for 12 months, I thought I had only signed up on a month to month basis.....

If you've signed up on a monthly contract ... you'll still be on a monthly contract. To check this click on

Account details > View Details

and under the Your Account and Payment Details it will tell you what service you have. Mine says -

PlusNet Broadband Premier - Up to 2Mb (Annual Contract, No Modem)

welcome2earth was being ironic with his reply. Insinuating that the Premier "service" that PN supply has become worse (ie downgraded).

If you are on a monthly contract and you migrated in (and you want to leave) you will only have to give 30 days notice and pay £15 defered migration costs (this is assuming that you did not "buy" any hardware from PN). If you are still unsure raise a ticket and I'm sure you will be answered eventually.

There is an ongoing debate about P2P on this forum and if you search around you'll come up with conflicting views.
Community Veteran

Yes,They couldnt afford the electricity bill so they had to move to steam power....and next week they will be moving to horse and cart..........

Just a warning this forum has a habit of producing extremely bad light bulb and electricity jokes ;-)
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I thought it was hamsters they used. Wink
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

Nah, the poor little guy died from exhustion, and the cat wouldn't fit in the wheel to take over! Cheesy
N/A

mmmmm....... donkey........stick...........carrot..........mmmmmm........ that might work :lol:
N/A

Thanks Stormie

I am on a Monthly Account with no modem............so all I have to do is pay £15 to move?
I never said that I was going to move......Not yet, anyway!!!.......all I wanted to know was "what has happened to the Premier Account, have they changed something" and if so why did they not contact their Customers by Email?
I am getting terrible speeds on download from P2P.
I changed from Wanadoo to Plusnet because I was moving from 512 to 2megs (mind you I never got that and ended up with 1meg) but with Wanadoo I never got slow speeds like this 0.5K/sec.........totally useless
So maybe someone from Plusnet, can explain what they have done (if anything)
I choose Premier because I was a P2P downloader and I didn't want the capping that BB+ had.........is that what they have done to the Premier Account?
Thanks

Harry Cry Cry Cry Cry
N/A

Harry

To summarise what is all over this forum :-

Premier (standard) Has a 100GB limit overall and 30GB peak time limit.

P2P is now 'throttled' by PN's traffic shaping equipment. How much seems to vary from app to app with Emule perhaps being the worst hit.

Usenet use, Internal and external is limited to 15GB at full speed before speeds are greatly reduced.

Their stated purpose is to restrict use of these protocols/types as they hog bandwidth away from the 'majority' of their customers who do not use them.

Not going to state how I feel about this ATM 'Cry'

Just FYI

Pete
N/A

Premier has gone down the pan, which is why my connection is being activated on another ISP today. I think it's a real shame as PN used to be a good ISP and I was really happy with them, but since their traffic shaping measures it is now next to useless having premier.
N/A

As far as I can see since I signed up, P2P, Usenet and importantly to me gaming has gone down the pan.

I started reporting probs with gaming 6 weeks after sign up and its got steadily worse.