cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware still hasn't arrived...

N/A

Hardware still hasn't arrived...

Hi, my starter pack was 'dispatched' on the 3rd February yet I still haven't received it. The Hardware Order Number is 513619. WOuld it be possible for someone from support to check if this was the actual real date of dispatch or what has happened to my delivery?
10 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Hardware still hasn't arrived...

> Hi, my starter pack was 'dispatched' on the 3rd February yet I still haven't received it. The Hardware Order Number is 513619. WOuld it be possible for someone from support to check if this was the actual real date of dispatch or what has happened to my delivery?
Hi there,
Please raise a ticket and this will be escalated to our Hardware team.
Regards,
Mike
--
| Mike Grice Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. @ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

Will do. Thanks.
N/A

Sylvia, I'll bet you get it tomorrow!
N/A

> Sylvia, I'll bet you get it tomorrow!

I hope so. It'll be typical! :-)

N/A

Hi Support

I am writing this in the forums as my last couple of requests via the tickets have not seen a satisfactory answer.

Basically, to recap on this thread. The hardware order mentioned earlier went to the wrong address. This happened because I had accidently typed the wrong house number when first applying to Plusnet. However, I edited these well before any hardware order was initiated via the Edit Account details option. After waiting for several days and seeing my order (via the Parcel Force tracking) come to a nearby depot and then go back in the other direction it was realised that it had still gone to the original (incorrect) address. This had happened because according to Support I hadn't updated the delivery address. I explained there was no 'deivery address' option to edit and was then informed I should have raised a ticket to do this! Now, this seems odd given that you can amend your account address!

Anyway, I was then told that they would be raising a new hardware order and it would 'hopefully' be dispatched that night (last Friday). I checked over the weekend and noticed it was only at 'hardware order acknowledged' status. I thien checked Monday and it was the same, so I updated the ticket asking had it been dispatched as, unlike the first hardware order it hadn't changed to 'dispatched' status. I got a reply saying it was on it's way, if it wasn't with me in 2-3 days to let them know (now, given what had happened with the first order I would have thought Plusnet would be watching the delivery carefully?).

Right (still awake!)... I then asked for the Parcelforce Tracking No. so I could check the whereabouts myself. Someone replied saying please provide customer with this! Nothing happened. I sent another reply saying that I'd really like the Tracking No. because suddenly the status had changed to 'dispatched' and I'd like to check when it was dispatched/where it was (as I had been informed a couple of days earlier it was 'on it's way')!

Anyway, I still haven't received a Tracking No. for this. It's been 24 hours - I thought that was the maximum time allowed for requests. Although I have had replies/status changes within that time - I haven't actually received the detail I wanted.

Sorry if this sounds like a typical moaning post. I am sure all you Support people are doing your best. I can just about accept the reasons for the first delivery going AWOL (although I think it's odd to expect a new customer to know that by changiing the address in My Account Details isn't changing the delivery address). But having had this initial problem I had expected a bit more in terms of trying to get this second delivery with me ASAP. The line has now been activated coming on to two weeks. Both the hardware payment and 1st month's direct debit have both been paid and I still have nothing to show for it.

I really hope this is just a blip and that once I get going with Plusnet that will be the end of my woes.

Could someone please prompt someone to supply me with the Tracking No. as I'd originally asked? Thanks for your time.

N/A

> Could someone please prompt someone to supply me with the Tracking No. as I'd originally asked? Thanks for your time.

Hi there,

The reason for the delay on your tracking number is that it was unavailable yesterday, and our Hardware team do not work 24/7 as the rest of our support team.

That said, you ticket has recently been amended with the information you require.

Kind Regards,
Mike

--

N/A

Thankyou for the reply and action. I have updated the ticket recently myself to let you know that as I suspected the order was not dispatched on Monday (as I was told TWICE) but instead only went out this morning. As I've already said, I find this very disappointing, especially given what happened with the original order - I would have thought it would have been an urgency to get this to me ASAP. I hate moaning about this but I am just so disappointed with the whole Plusnet experience so far.
Community Veteran

>especially given what happened with the original order

From what I can see this was your 'blunder'. You can't expect to recieve something if you told them to send it to your neighbour.

Chris
N/A

> Thankyou for the reply and action. I have updated the ticket recently myself to let you know that as I suspected the order was not dispatched on Monday (as I was told TWICE) but instead only went out this morning. As I've already said, I find this very disappointing, especially given what happened with the original order - I would have thought it would have been an urgency to get this to me ASAP. I hate moaning about this but I am just so disappointed with the whole Plusnet experience so far.

Good morning,

Checking your account it shows that a contact was placed on your account saying your hardware was dispatched yesterday - this happens when we have confirmation from our suppliers that the hardware has gone out. I'm not aware of any discrepancy in the past, but it may have happened.

That said, your hardware is now definately on its way, please let us know if you have any problems when it arrives.

Kind Regards,
Mike

--

N/A

> >especially given what happened with the original order
>
> From what I can see this was your 'blunder'. You can't expect to recieve something if you told them to send it to your neighbour.
>
> Chris

Thankyou for your insightful comment. As explained earlier, yes I agree that I can understand how the inital problem occured - although, did you know that by changing your address details through the My Account Details section wouldn't also change the delivery address? You probably did. Again, as I said, I changed these details well in time before any hardware order had been placed.

So, yes I can see accept that happened. My point of the follow up mail was to refer to this and say that I thought it would be a priority then to get the hardware to myself as soon as possible. My furstration was the fact that I was told it was dispatched when in fact it hadn't been. Maybe you are one of the lucky one's where everything has gone as planned. Sometimes things go wrong (I accept that from Plusnet point also) but I don't like to be mislead, something I feel that has happened (probably not deliberately but through negligence).

I am sure Plusnet is a decent company with a good service but surely I have the right to point out when something is wrong without having the local message board police jumping on the thread?