cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Happy? What would make you unhappy?

N/A

I'm interested in the viewpoint of those that are happy with the service and the NEW Terms and Conditions. What I want to ask is, other than service disruption, what would make you unhappy about Plusnet?

In other words, how far can you personnally be pushed before you jumped to another ISP? Is it more traffic shaping (shaping on email or game traffic for example), it is lower caps? Or is it something else?

This does not include outages that can occur on any ISP. Also please refrain from negative comments, this is only for those that are happy with the service they recieve. If you have anything negative to post, please do so in your own thread thank you. Smiley
17 REPLIES
N/A

For me, it would have to affect my internet usage. For example, if latency went way up for gaming, it would make me consider it. Also, as you've mentioned, if there were low caps aimed at penalizing medium downloaders such as myself (I've not gone over 50GB/month) I'd have doubts about the service.
N/A

It would ahve to be a trend on what you are allowed to do going down, when the global trend shows it going up.

Right now, I feel PlusNet are adapting to the situation and making clarifications on what is allowed, rather than lowering the bar.

As for the question, it go in the face of itself, asking people to post negatives, then telling them not to.
N/A

As for the question, it go in the face of itself, asking people to post negatives, then telling them not to.

It was difficult to phrase the question I had in mind without it being hijacked by people that are not happy with the service they receive, if you see my point?
aeroalfie
Grafter

You mean undercover plusnet employees :lol:
N/A

have some replies been deleted - sure i just posted in here :-)
N/A

Two posts have been deleted, neither by yourself though.
N/A

I have no particular allegiance to Plusnet neither have I had any problems with the package I receive from them, in fact I think its good value for money.

I have aways had a stable connection and reasonable speed, there are positive and negative aspects to all companies.

If for any reason the quality of the service I was getting from Plusnet affected me personally then I would have no hesitation in changing my ISP.

At the moment I am quite happy to stay with Plusnet as their service does everything I require of it.
N/A

If for any reason the quality of the service I was getting from Plusnet affected me personally then I would have no hesitation in changing my ISP.

Just curious, would you mind defining "quality of the service" as this means different things to different people Smiley What specifically would make you leave (other than occasional outages)?
N/A

I am very happy with the service. But there is one thing that will cause me to jump ship:

Failure to clarify exactly how the traffic shaping works.

I give them one month, and then i'm off back to Nildram who have quite frankly brilliant and very informative customer support, worth every penny.
N/A

A substantial price hike, or connection issues. I have recently become a customer and can only see the benefits to users like myself of the new T & C's, There is plenty of choice in the market place I chose based on my needs, And think I am getting excellent valu for money, if that changed then I would seek a new provider.
N/A

Just curious, would you mind defining "quality of the service"

If my connection was repeatedly being dropped, not just outages, if my speed was constantly poor, and I had bad CS experience and these were problems caused by my ISP I would change.

When I signed up to Plusnet I read through all the T & C's as I would before signing any contract, I have also thoroughly read the new T & C's and there is not anything I am not happy with, if others are unhappy, fair enough thats their perogative.

The odd couple of times I have had to use CS they responded in a reasonable time frame and sorted my problems out, as far as I am concerned, for my use, I am getting what I am paying for without any problems.
N/A

thanks for the clarification
N/A

I'm happier with PlusNet now that my account has been upgraded to 2Mb which makes it better value for money.

My biggest gripe is still the difficulty in getting through to anyone either by phone (l-o-n-g waits) or by email (now IMPOSSIBLE!!!!! - even support@plus.net bounces back!)

Good customer service is top of my list from an ISP. PlusNet seem to think their labarynthine online help pages suffice.

0 out of 10. :x
N/A

Well, I've been with +Net for about 2 and a half years now. Like most I've had the occasional connection problem but in all honesty nothing severe. I use my ADSL mostly for gaming and web browsing and I can say that my ping to game servers is steady as is browsing.

What would make me unhappy ? Sustained service degradation and I do mean sustained. As an Engineer I'm more than aware of the basic rule of "If something can go wrong, then it will", 99% of the time +Net have managed to resolve problems in a reasonable amount of time. Well, they have for me, am unable to comment on other customers experience.

The only thing that really sparked my attention was the introduction of Idle Timeout but this is minor as my router keeps my connection active.

I can understand why some +Net customers are unhappy and are venting their frustrations on these forums, I do think +Net need to improve their customer service. I'm happy that I very rarely have to contact them.