cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Happy @ Plusnet

N/A

Happy @ Plusnet

Hello All

I have been at plusnet for almost a year now and have been browsing the forums since day one and have seen the greif plusnet get day in day out.
Well i must say I have never been as happy as I currently am with plusnet, speeds are always top notch and I prefer the service with the limits they have put in as this means all the people who were spoiling the service before should have left.
As i have said I have been a member for almost a year and went through a bad stage when pings were high in battlefield 2 and any other game and this made me think I would leave as soon as my yearly contract was up but recently the service has been spot on.

Keep up the good work plusnet and I will keep on paying.

Thanks, Sam
16 REPLIES
N/A

Happy @ Plusnet

Ha ha ha Sam, are Plusnet paying u to say that or something??!!

Im sorry but i can hardly believe that anyone with half a brain is seriously happy with paying for a service that changes constantly AND u have to pay for the "privelege" of leaving this service!!!

Unfortunately, i have requested my MAC code, paid, and am in the process of migrating away from this mediocre service provided by people that obviously dont care about losing customers.

(As a side note, i cant help but wonder if there is something sinister going on. Plusnet dont seem to be even trying to offer any kind of exclusive or premier product and having seen first hand, at how they treat people wanting to leave...well, what can i say.....VERY STRANGE WAY OF RUNNING A BUSINESS!!!!
N/A

Happy @ Plusnet

richasskikr,

It is and can be possible for people to be happy with their service. I would agree that the very frequent change in policies and terms just recently leaves a lot to be desired, but this doesnt leave me running for the hills.

Ok I will admit I am far from being the happiest customer ( and can actually be deemed a grumpy old man lol ) but still. Im willing to see it out. Besides what can Plusnet do to me now thats not already happened. If things do carry on to change so much that it no longer suits me no more then I will too up and leave. But up until then, ill sit and watch and laugh at the constant contradictions lol.

Also on a side note could you please be a little more careful in how you would phrase things as stating that "Anyone with half a brain cell would leave" can be deemed a personal attack as well as being insulting, and I wouldnt want to have a stand off on my hands, I like the quiet life. Chillllll....

Regards,
N/A

Happy @ Plusnet

Ill grant PN that speeds have increased somewhat, i now get about 240kbs on standard downloads, but as for a 3GB cap, well, thats caused us to be leaving, just deciding when to request a MAC.

Too many bad sides to PN now to outweigh the good HTTP speeds, some that spring to mind are:

1. Bad P2P speeds (i get 200mbish a month, i expect it to work when i want it)
2. Usenet, alt binaries locked now aint they?
3. Telephone, a 50p/min line, great solution to waiting times :/
4. Support, last few times ive used support they havent had a clue whats happening themselves, never mind the customer knowing whats going on
5. Disconnections, seem to be happening more and more

Im sure to a standard user they will be excellent, but for someone such as myself they are sheerly losing custom due to low caps and high pricing on their services. I can live with slow P2P, but i cant live with clueless CS (got enough of that at tiscali) and caps that put us on management 2 weeks of every month. Im only doing 12-13GB mostly though HTTP and gaming, but PN cant seem to handle it so another ISP that can is required.

They were excellent when we started here, P2P restricted which is fair enough and a FUP of 'dont take the ****' and you will be fine' sort of attitude, but now they seem more interested in profits than providing a good service to the customer.

For me, they were the perfect ISP, that in one decision, to introduce caps changed my mind. I still do exactly the same useage as before, it just takes longer to do stuff and downloads have to be left longer and mroe tabs open in firefox, its mroe annoying rather than making me lower the useage.

/rant over
N/A

Happy @ Plusnet

2. Usenet, alt binaries locked now aint they?
3. Telephone, a 50p/min line, great solution to waiting times :/
4. Support, last few times ive used support they havent had a clue whats happening themselves, never mind the customer knowing whats going on
5. Disconnections, seem to be happening more and more

2: they simply got rid of the binaries entirely, but some have commented on sluggish news server (and seems many people use news.individual.net)
3: I think you need to re-read what they are doing... for general faults it would still be 0845. But must say the rather long announcement, without fine detail of what problems would no longer be handled on 0845, could lead to difficulties knowing.
My guess is that they had to split off longer calls so they would be able to cope with calls about the phone line service (so will that mean all calls to PN should be free, for PN voice line customers, on 150 not 0845?)
4: have seen others having variable satisfaction... on one ticket only half the question was answered... on the one that counted (getting my MAC) it took under an hour
5: cannot say I've had any disconnections - hey, you haven't been switched to DSL Max and been connected at 8000 kbps before me have you ? Smiley
but as for a 3GB cap, well, thats caused us to be leaving, ...
losing custom due to low caps and high pricing on their services.

From mention of the 3 GB cap, I assume you are on Broadband Plus, which doesn't really fit the description of "high pricing" IMO. I rarely defend Plus.Net, they've moved the goalposts too far, too often for me to continue to defend them, but they have offered good value for money. The one I'm checking out now offers better though Smiley

(Before anyone throws a list of "free" services that Plus.Net provides which the other won't offer, I use hardly any of the services from PN anyway - I had to go elsewhere to get binary newsgroup access, forced by PN, and I've used other hosting firms for years, with more comprehensive mail control, and comparable or better website features like Fantastico, larger web traffic limits, and they're reliable with web stats, too.)
Community Veteran

Re: Happy @ Plusnet

Well i must say I have never been as happy as I currently am with plusnet,

Well said Sam, it's time someone spoke up for PlusNet.

I occasionally follow the forums as well and the level of whinging about anything and everything is unbelievable. Talk about the glass being half empty.

From my perspective PlusNet = a reliable service, fast speeds (and getting faster), good value and good customer support when I need it.

Come on guys, lighten up and look on the positive side for a change.

Bob
N/A

whats the point?

I've been a satisfied Plusnet customer for almost 3 years and I am appalled by the attitude of some people on this forum. Sure, not everything has been rosy lately with all the frequent changes etc., but the vast majority of users, like myself, are happy with the service and hence dont have any reason to post on these forums. The reality is business has grown 37%, customers up 96% on last year, more and more people are on Plusnet. If you dont like the service why come here insulting left right and centre? Please grow up people, get your MAC code and take your business elsewhere, you will not be missed by Plusnet or their happy customers.
JJ
Grafter

Happy @ Plusnet

Well let’s see.

My parents are happy with PN. (They are 77 and 80). They do their weekly shop on line, buy things they would need to go on a long bus ride for. Look up what their various tablets are doing to them. Email, browsing & video link to the family.

My Sister and her daughter have no complaints. Email, browsing, P2P (music)

My colleagues from work have no complaints. They use most of the functions available.

All are on 'monthly contracts no equipment' because I read the terms and conditions and advised them accordingly.

As for me, yes I have been messed around, customer services are inept and I now have to pay a few pounds extra for Easynews. BUT apart from the occasional hiccup my Internet connection has been fine and after a few tickets and the usual PN run around is now on DSLMax.

I pay for a package that suits my (perceived) needs. The people mentioned above also have packages suitable for their requirements, all have decent modem/routers and master socket filters.

Some of PN’s equipment is suspect (gateways); some of their programming is poor (VBMU). I don’t have a problem with traffic shaping it’s a good idea. (Lets hope they get it to work properly). We know to down load large files off peak (but don’t always) and we understand it’s a shared service and can be slower at certain times of the day.

So that’s over 30 users/customers who are not planning on getting their Mac codes and most have more than ‘half a brain’.

JohnH
N/A

Re: Happy @ Plusnet

Well said Sam, it's time someone spoke up for PlusNet.

I occasionally follow the forums as well and the level of whinging about anything and everything is unbelievable. Talk about the glass being half empty.

From my perspective PlusNet = a reliable service, fast speeds (and getting faster), good value and good customer support when I need it.

Come on guys, lighten up and look on the positive side for a change.

Bob

"A reliable service" - People including myself experience regular downtime and varying speeds.
"Fast speeds" - As mentioned, varying speeds which can dip quite low, and when tryin to download....well, dont get me started there!
"Good value" - Paying for a service that changes constantly and can be quite mediocre at times
"Good customer service" - Ha ha ha, have u ever tried to speak to one of the CS people. Granted, if they arent trained up properly, then hardly their fault.

The only good thing about Plusnet compared to other companies is .........hmmm........still thinkin.....................................
Community Veteran

Happy @ Plusnet

I've been with PlusNet since the end of 2003 and am happy with them too. Since joining, I've seen prices drop - started on Home Surf, then switched to Lite/PAYG now with free overnight bandwidth - and speeds increase from 512kps to an excellent 2MBs and looking forward to an estimated 5+ MBs. Then there are the new 120 free minutes of VoIP calls a month and the Plus Talk phone service due to start in July. I don't do any P2P or gaming but use the internet a lot most days for all sorts of other things including downloading sometimes very large software updates.

Any contact I've had with customer service has been considerably more useful than with my previous ISP (AOL - say no more!) and always with a positive outcome.
Plusnet user since November 2003
Currently on Unlimited Fibre Extra and Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls
N/A

Happy @ Plusnet

"...good customer support when I need it.."

You can't have needed it lately. A 50 minute wait to speak to someone doesn't count as "good" to me.

"...get your MAC code and take your business elsewhere"

After a 10 day outage in April, I'd love to, but it seems I've been moved to LLU so cannot be given a MAC code. My only options appear to be (1.) stick with PlusNet or (2.) do a "cease & reprovide" which will incur downtime of anything up to 6 weeks!
N/A

Happy @ Plusnet

Would be happy if PN had a greater range of products and allowances for its business users, we would pay more but PN seem to be moving into the cheap and not so cheerful market.
mitchell20
Grafter

Happy @ Plusnet

I'm also happy with Plus.net and with the service they offer me. Been with them since Feb 2003 (when my exchange was ADSL enabled) and have no plans to go anywhere else.

It's always seems to be the high-bandwidth hogging users that have a problem with Plus.net - simple if you dont like it stop moaning and do something about it i.e. get your MAC and go somewhere else.
N/A

Happy @ Plusnet

we would pay more

Would we? Seems to me we are paying over the odds at the minute never mind wanting to pay more Smiley
N/A

Happy @ Plusnet

If you are happy with PlusNet, fine, but don't criticise those who are having problems and have spent a lot of time and effort trying in vain to get them resolved. I must say that I find some of boulby's comments somewhat insulting, at least as much as richasskikr's brain-cell comment.

A lot of people who post on these forums actually want PlusNet to resolve issues that arise and a lot of the time it's customers that point out when things aren't working as they should.