cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Happy New Year from the Moderators

LiamM
Grafter

Over the last year, these forums have seen stressful, angry times; and relaxed, positive times.

Plusnet introduced a FUP, scrapped it, introduced a SUP, introduced traffic management and upset the majority of their heaviest users as their business model shifted away from supporting super-heavy downloaders to instead focus far more on the majority - that 99% of sustainable users.

During this year, the work that we do as moderators has severely tested us. We had to adopt a very strict attitude towards problem posters and take on a riot act policy of banning members who couldn't keep discussions constructive and clean. We did this with the benefit of the majority in mind. Just as Plusnet have to cater for the majority, so do we. So we didn't allow any unacceptable behaviour and acted accordingly as fast as we could against anyone attempting to breach peace.

We have introduced a number of changes on the forums in order to try and enhance the community spirit that we once had here and I think we now have it right. The forum bright spark process is a fantastic concept thought up by Chris (fa55dsl), we have another great member on the team, Mark (pcsni), following Phil's (acarr) appointment to Plusnet staff, and we've made a number of changes to the forum layout making it easier for members to support each other and to find the information that they need.

We've made it easier to find Plusnet product announcements and discuss them, and we even renamed the Customer Feedback forum to Community Support to further emphasize the community nature and spirit that we should be proud to adopt.

We are confident that things have changed. Despite all of the bad things that have endured on the forums in the last year we now have a fantastic set of broadband products available from Plusnet, and a community to match them, where we all help each other, support each other and converse in a positive, friendly and constructive nature.

Since Stewart took over Comms in October we've seen more information coming through further demonstrating that Plusnet are beginning to listen to the customers as we feared they had stopped. The Comms Team do a fantastic job of keeping us all in the loop and assist the moderators greatly in our roles.

Ian's announcement that he is coming back to Plusnet is further indication of the way forward for Plusnet and we look forward to Ian's involvement with customers and with the forums again (hopefully!).

We would now like to take this opportunity to thank the Forum Community for your presence, contribution and commitment. We extend this thanks to the Comms Team, who are an absolute credit to Plusnet, and wish everyone a very Happy New Year! See you all on the other side!

Regards,
The Plus Net Forum Moderators
20 REPLIES
N/A

And a Happy New year to you and yours Liam.

Just out of interest have'nt seen much of Mark (pcsni) on the forums of late: is he still around?

IanJ
N/A

Ian's coming BACK? Woooh! maybe i will stick it out a little bit longer then!

PS, why do you need to make the Happy New Year thread about a yearly review of plusnets “Miss informed decisions”?

Happy new year to all!
N/A

PS, why do you need to make the Happy New Year thread about a yearly review of plusnets “Miss informed decisions”?

Yes, I wondered that. It was more a review of 2005 than anything else.
:?
N/A

A Happy new year from me ( and I hope all the other Bright Sparks too ).
May all have a prosperous new year ( I think I spelt that right lol )

Regards,
jagger
Grafter

“Miss informed decisions”?

Is she any good then, this Miss Informed Decisions ,you know,nudge nudge,wink wink,nod's as good a a wink to a blind horse,is she,is she :?:

Happy New Year to all the Mods and helper-outers. :lol:
N/A

Well a merry new year to you all Cheesy
Community Veteran

A Happy new year from me ( and I hope all the other Bright Sparks too ).

Yip happy new year all!
N/A

Just out of interest have'nt seen much of Mark (pcsni) on the forums of late: is he still around?

Still here Ian. Smiley Just had a very hectic year end in work and am now recovering from a fairly heavy chest infection. But I'll be back in full flight in a day or two.

Happy New Year to all. Lets hope its a good one. Smiley
Community Veteran

Indeed, happy new year everyone.

Thomas
N/A

now recovering from a fairly heavy chest infection. But I'll be back in full flight in a day or two.

Glad to hear that...... all the best to you and yours

IanJ
N/A

Best wishes to all for the coming new year. Cheesy
psk10
Grafter

Happy New Year

Id like to wish all at Plusnet and the Moderators and everyone that uses these forums a Happy and Healthy New Year ,CHEERS.
madswitcher
Grafter

and a Happy New Year from me

and thanks to the mods for trying to take a balanced and informative line during the last year of upheavals.

Cheers, Mike
N/A

Happy New Year.