cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Happy, Happy Happy

N/A

Happy, Happy Happy

This was to go under the Happy Customer thread, but it seemed a tad contensious and unfair to hijack that thread. I'll go straight back and add my name to it.

Over 5 years with Plus Net first with a residential account now with a small business account.

I would be lieing if I said without any hitches, as well I would be if I claimed to be always happy with the outcome of all problems.

What I can say is Plus Net have always delivered as per their T&C's and provided a very reliable service and in my most humble opinion at a very competative rate.

Now for my only real complaint - I've read these forums religiously probably for the last few years, it used to take probably 30 minutes to keep up to date with what is hapening and taking on board any scraps of very usful info floating about.

Now it takes much longer to read and sadly all there is to be gleened from reading them is that there is a sizeable group of PlusNet users who are themselves unhappy with the supply service / customer service and are determined to keep going on and on about it hoping along the way they can incite others to follow in their footsteps.

I'm not sure there is any single answer to all these problems other than to use a little common sense. If you do not like the company you are dealing with move on, pack your bags and go see just how green the grass is over the hill. Always ensureing that if that grass is not as green as expected you can come back here to graze. Burning bridges behind you is dangerous.

For the newer members who now claim they would never of signed up if... they knew then what they know now. All I can say is you should of done your homework, up to 10 months ago a similar group of disgruntled users "Bad Boys" was making very loud noises over things.

The only thing that changes is Plus Net's customer base gets bigger and bigger, with that sadly the small group of disatisfied customers grows by the same percentage.

As is life those that are happy just chill out and say nowt, those with an axe to grind shout and shout away.

One last thing -

If you were an ISP, would you want to take on those that are making all the noise, would you not be afraid it might be you they are shouting about tommorrow?

I'm quite sure most ISP's follow what is said over at ADSL guide, bet they are filling their little black books with lists of non welcome customers, I know I would be.

I guess the perfect ISP must offer customers a one to one contension, ensure there is enough bandwidth available for their whole customer base to dowload in excess of 150 GB per month every month and at any time of day.

Have a customer support team of equal number to the customer base.

All said customer support representatives fully able to gaurantee they can solve any and every problem and be sure to add yes sir or yes madam in answer to any requests.

Pricing must be set to be the lowest in the UK.

Have a customer user group where all customers are invited to join responsible for writing any new T&C's.

-
7 REPLIES
N/A

Happy, Happy Happy

Zen fulfil most of the above other than the pricing. Although they are pretty reasonable. (Their C.S. and T.S. really is very, very good).

Although I am happy with the service I have had from PN so far.
Neil_A
Grafter

Re: Happy, Happy Happy

Have a customer user group where all customers are invited to join responsible for writing any new T&C's. -

Interesting you say that as we did share the draft T&C with PlusNet Usergroup last week and their very useful feedback helped us make some changes and clarifications. They also came up with very useful questions which helped us provide a set of FAQs.

Thanks
N/A

Happy, Happy Happy

Have a customer user group where all customers are invited to join responsible for writing any new T&C's.

See info re the Usergroup

All customers should be aware of the group, the work they perform in their spare time and the nature of the work involved.
N/A

Re: Happy, Happy Happy

, those with an axe to grind shout and shout away.

-

would that be a carol axe? Cheesy :lol:
LiamM
Grafter

Happy, Happy Happy

I hope you don't mind me adding my comments here. I think Plusnet are a superb ISP. My connection has always been reliable, Customer Services have, in the main, been helpful and the pricing is very good.

Plusnet have such huge potential, and with a few internal changes to PR / Customer Relations they really could bloom.

My problem over the last few days is that they have decided to kick off two users whom they claim were making too much noise in the forum. Being a forum moderator, I can't say I agree with them on that at all. As a forum moderator, we have rules and procedures for disruptive customers. We did not feel the need to action any of them, since wadev and pr100 didnt draw any particular attention to themselves as far as I am concerned.

What I would speculate has happened here is that certain directors have been browsing the forum and decided that a select few are causing all the trouble and bad feedback and has consequently decided that he wants rid of them. This is blatently not the case, and I think he must now realise he's made a huge mistake.

These two users are two of a few that think it is unfair to allow Plusnet to wriggle out of pressing issues and questions and making no attempt at a fair explaination.

For example, when Plusnet changed the pricing structure, it meant that 2Mb was available for £21.99. There are still thousands of customers oblivious to the fact that they can now pay almost half their subscription for the same service.

Carol Axe (PN Customer Service Manager) undertook to contact all Premier customers about these new prices... but she didnt. And we've not had an answer as to why.

THIS is why you might find it has been a little noisier around here of late. But it's not just due to wadev and pr100... hell, I have been seen to be trying to push PN for answers to these questions - but they just don't want to answer... and in our opinions, to help out the thousands of customers who are paying way over the odds for the same product is something to be proud of.

If you're a new customer, however, and you're looking for a reliable, value for money broadband service - I would say Plusnet come tops in terms of connection / reliability and value for money. But customer relations - (note, not customer service) really needs some work.
Community Veteran

Happy, Happy Happy

Ditto Liam's post but delete the bits about being forum moderator!
N/A

Happy, Happy Happy

Zen fulfil most of the above other than the pricing. Although they are pretty reasonable. (Their C.S. and T.S. really is very, very good).

Although I am happy with the service I have had from PN so far.

yep, zen will be my next port of call if the new T&C offend me. haven't got the email yet, though.