cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Half the websites i access wont load...

N/A

but they did an hour ago.

Just wondering what coudl be up. I get up and go on the PC and all is well, now i cant get onto half the sites in my favourites, its hangs on connecting and comes up unaccessible.

PC is fine, had nothing done at all since 1 hour ago, internet connection seems fine for some sites but wont even try for others. Tried rebooting my router and its still doing it.

Ive done nothing at all and all was fine 1 hour ago. Routers runnign a firewall and im running AVG anti virus. No virus/spyware on my PC.

I need this sorted ASAP, i cant even get onto the website im making as a college project, and i need to be able to get on it. I also cant get onto google or my gmail account, which is my primary email contact.

Cheers.
151 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Looks like theres a DNS fault on Telehouse East Gateway (pte-ag1/2) check
http://usertools.plus.net/@gateway to see if you are.

You should be able to get onto a different gateway by disconnecting and reconecting, I suggest trying and getting on to Telehouse North (ptn-ag2)

A service status has been raised for it:
http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=39682
N/A

Sods law i tells ya!

Thanks a lot mate, at least i know its not me Smiley
IanD
Grafter

That explains why google has gone! having to learn how other search engines work just now. :?
N/A

I'm facing the same problem? What do I need to do?
N/A

Nothing, sit and wait for plusnet to resolve the problem, theirs ntohing you can do.
N/A

When google goes down, you really start to worry.

Indeed, learning other search engines isn't something anyone should ever have to do! Tongue
N/A

Just tried the PlusNet broadband fault checker seems I'm not yet provisioned although I've been a PlusNet customer for 2+ years

""Broadband telephone check Completed

BT maintenance check Completed

Account check Error found

Broadband not activated

Our records indicate that your broadband account is still being provisioned. Until the provisioning process has been completed, your broadband service will not work.

You can view the progress of your broadband order by visiting the Order tracker. You should receive an email that tells you when your service has been activated. If you have already received this email you should contact our support team, who will investigate further. Contact Support ""
N/A

yeah what is it ya........ co.uk? :lol I thought these outages was my machine playin up!
craigbrass
Grafter

Same problem, yes. I reported the problem to Liam an hour ago now who relayed it to John @ PN and thats what initiated it being fixed. Unfortunatly I am not permitted to disclose what the issue is.
N/A

It's a monkey in the system!!

There's a crazy monkey swinging from the cables in the server room.

MADNESS!!
craigbrass
Grafter

Lets hope the techs get the tranquliser gun out then Cheesy
N/A

Unfortunatly I am not permitted to disclose what the issue is.

Give us a clue then Craig. Smiley
N/A

You can use a webproxy like megaproxy.com proxy77.com or sth. like that in the meantime.
craigbrass
Grafter

Unfortunatly I am not permitted to disclose what the issue is.

Give us a clue then Craig. Smiley

Ok, storage isn't unlimited.