cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Half Speed Problem

N/A

Half Speed Problem

I am on 1Mb download speed. I raised a ticket on the 3 May with PlusNet informing them that my speed had dropped to half of this (speed tests showing circa 470Kbps).

I have carefully done all the tests PlusNet have required; even more than required.

The last time I responded to my ticket (and it is a long one) was on the 13 May. No word from PlusNet. Are they frightened to upset BT?

Would anyone on the PlusNet team care to look at my case in detail and do something about it?
6 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Half Speed Problem

Hi,

Looking at the fault BT have found no fault, I've sent this back to them to say that you are still seeing slow speeds and they will investigate further.
N/A

Half Speed Problem

Thank you Dave, but this has been said before. If you look at my posts in detail you will will see that another of my referrel friends on the same 815 part of our exchange number is experiencing the same problem. His results are as follows with you (just received).

Qhote: -
2005-05-13
19:26:47
You
Assigned : Have just checked speed again - 19.25hrs May 13th. Result 473kbps - ie.still half speed.
Please advise when you expect to have this fixed.
Thanks, T J Walsh

2005-05-16
13:39:45
link:CSA Removed
P&F - DSL Logged Faults
Assigned : Thanks for the feedback, we are still currently awaiting an update from BT which should be within 48 hours.

Regards,
link:CSA Removed

I have checked other referrel friends who do not have the 815 digits and they are OK. I really do not believe that your people take the trouble to read through the reports correctly.

I am becoming very frustrated.

Not very happy with the way this is being dealt with and as you ca see I am not a new customer!

[Moderators note by csogilvie: Please do not post support agents names within the forum.]
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Half Speed Problem

I can totally understand your frustration, unfortunately speed faults are often very hard to resolve because there are a lot more places where things can go wrong and it isn't as simple as a no sync fault which is generally a physical problem. A speed problem can be caused by anything from a water logged phone line, to contention kicking in at the exchange to a software misconfiguration in the line card or any number of things.

According to the notes on the fault report we've noted down that you aren't the only one affected. Hopefully this will help in isolating the problem but I'm afraid it's in the hands of BT Wholesale now. Initially they found now fault, but as I've said I've sent it back so they can check further into it and the faults guys will keep on it until it's resolved.
N/A

Half Speed Problem

Thank you Dave, I (we) look forward to a resolution!
N/A

Half Speed Problem

Is your clock wrong?
N/A

Half Speed Problem

No, it seems OK