Did you mean: 

Had some weird connection drops today III

N/A

Part 3
22 REPLIES
N/A

Is this how it works? A long thread criticising PlusNET just gets closed by a PlusNET moderator without any apology about the appalling service and lack of quality tech support?

I'm a senior IT manager in a hospital trust and if I provided(!) service of this shoddy quality patients would die.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Nothing to do with that. Due to the somewhat poorly designed software of this forum any thread over 10 pages gives major problems so it is standard practice to lock it and start a new one if required
passer
Grafter

To be fair, they usually close threads at about that length (it was discussed somewhere recently) and the option to commence a continuation was tabled - and accepted! Smiley
N/A

The reason the previous thread was closed is because there is currently a number of issues with long threads, which the moderators avoid by locking them at around 9 pages, regardless of content. I can assure you it's not a form of censorship, just an annoyance for users, mods, everyone.

As for the connection problems, I believe that there are still issues with a transit partner, this has been ongoing so traffic is now being re-routed.This should avoid the problem until abovnet can fix it.
N/A

The guy is right though about the shoddy service and that is the main issue here!

I'm annoyed because the weekend is when I do most of my internet use, and I've not managed to do anything this weekend. It wouldn't be so bad if they were working hard to fix the problems the last few days, but they have only just acknowledged the problem.

I'm getting sick of complaining about it, but it's really annoying me. I need to use the net for loads of things and I can't.
N/A

Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

The DNS/Routing problems should now be all OK. We've re-routed all traffic away from the affected Abovenet routes and will leave it like that until they give us the all clear that everything's back up and hunky dory.

The disconnection issue is still being worked on, the network guys know why the connections are dropping and should hopefully have it fixed shortly. As soon as I hear from them I'll let you know what they say.
N/A

Thanks for finally doing something about it.

However, I still haven't heard an apology yet! Support ignored the problem for 3 days, gave out bad advice (e.g. get a line check which could cost you money, haul your equipment all the way to the master socket, etc). Some people even went and bought new equipment because they thought their routers were at fault.

Why did it take so long to take our reports seriously?
N/A

Thanks Dave. Frustrating all round I'll wager.

the network guys know why..

Do you know why Dave?
N/A

We're seriously looking elsewhere for a new ADSL provider. This is no offence to the people who are currently trying to fix the problem, which is very welcome. As others have said, the problem is that it took so long to even acknowledge the problem.

I realise that not every clueless person with a connection problem is an automatic fault, but surely a slew of similar problems at the same time merits actively looking into, rather than dismissive stock responses about hardware? Many people simultaneously commented in forum threads about disconnection issues arising on Friday night - across multiple threads - and yet here we are two days later, weekend effectively ruined for internet purposes, and the problem has only just been acknowledged. It's just not acceptable.
Community Veteran

Is this how it works? A long thread criticising PlusNET just gets closed by a PlusNET moderator without any apology about the appalling service and lack of quality tech support?

The previous posters are correct, as indicated previously by other community members the forum software doesnt allow us to manage these large threads correctly. It's also worth noting that most people find very long threads difficult to read and choose instead to start a seperate one, adding to the confusion.

I'm a senior IT manager in a hospital trust and if I provided(!) service of this shoddy quality patients would die.

I hope you're not so quick to jump to conclusions in your profession and instead look into the full story before hand.
N/A

Yeah, and we all know plusnet like to investigate and get the full story before jumping to conclusions about what the problem is. :roll:
N/A

Service status says this problem's now fixed and that we may be disconnected one more time, after which we won't be on the problematic gateway anymore. Also apologises. It's a start...
N/A

It's certainly a start. I'm very grateful to them for fixing it - finally, after a wasted weekend for us. Slightly ironic that it took 3 days to acknowledge the problem then only 3 hours to resolve it.