Had some weird connection drops today II

Obviously we need a new thread because the problem's not been fixed yet. :roll:
143 REPLIES
N/A

not even aknowledged let alone fixed
GCatton

very poor

not acknowledged problem, not repying to open tickets, not responding to the disgruntled folk on the forums....

I want to have answers, and I want them now.

PN don't you dare try and tell me the fault is with my equipment, when so many people are having exactly the same issues.
Community Veteran

I'd like to remind people that the forums are not an official support channel, so the likes of Tech Support won't visit to help and with it being a Sunday there will be limited CSC Staff on, however I see that Daves on and hopefully he will be able to sort out this mess!
GCatton

support

ok, so what is the offical support channel?
If it is the rediculous ticket system, then all my tickets are simply ignored anyway.

Where do I voice my frustrations? and more importantly, how do I get this problem looked at and fixed?
Community Veteran

http://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=tickets and 0845 1400200 are the 2 official support channels
N/A

I've used the ticket system and been completely fobbed off. If I ring the support line I'll only end up arguing and paying however much a minute for the privaledge.
GCatton

service (or lack of)

I have 6 open ticket requests for information, and not a single reply, and most definately no action taken that I can see.

If PN are doing something to fix the problems, then why do I not see this reflected anywhere?

This is the 3rd time I have entered this message, and my connection dropped out twice in the last few minutes.

I refuse to ring a phone number and be kept waiting for 40 minutes.
N/A

I have had the standard reply that I have to get BT to check my lne and pay over £46 for the privilege. I seem to get disconnected after about 20 minutes - and have to reboot before I can reconnect Sad

How can they blame our equipment or lines when it is happening to so many users?!
N/A

It's a joke isn't it. Advising us to get a line check which will cost us £46 or so when there's no problem with our invididual lines is just incompetent. Reason enough to leave.
GCatton

a response

have just had this as a response from my ticket..
I have no idea what it means, and absolutely no idea if anything is going to be done for me. It looks like PN are blaming BT for my problem, ok that sounds about right for an ISP. But the question is.. what now?

Assigned : (internal)
woosh test results

xDSL Status Check Analysis
OK.

Circuit Information
Circuit In Sync
Upstream xDSL Link Info
Loop Loss 7 dB
Cell Count 120801171
Downstream xDSL Link Info
Loop Loss 14 dB
Cell Count 664631456

Determine Algorithm Branch Analysis
Continue to copper line test.

Copper Line Test Analysis
Dispatch LN.
Diagnosis T004 : FAULT - Battery Contact
MFL LN
Duration 33

One Shot Check Diagnosis Final Test Outcome Fail

Major Findings
Conclusion BT Fault

Regards,
Alex Tame
0ily
Dabbler

dropped connect

i've been havng the same problem . i noticed it last night, every so often the connection dies but stays connected (small amounts of incoming data and no outgoing). i too was rebooting but im not sure whether thats actually fixing the problem or just giving me something to do while i wait to be able to reconnect.

hope PN get off thier backsides and fix this ASAP, some of us have research to do!
N/A

I expect it means they'll give you half an hour or so then say something like:

There is a possibility that the fault is with the line or the modem/router

You need to run xxxx tests

If you request, we will have BT check the line but if it proves not to be faulty, BT may charge you £46 for this.
kingkobra
Grafter

'Disconnections' so far since i reconnected this afternoon.

13:49
14:28
15:22

Calling them 'disconnections' because according to the router I am connected, but my browser, gaming and voice comms don't seem to agree that its connected.

5 or 6 mins wait before can get connected again.
kingkobra
Grafter

Thats gotta be the record so far

adding a 15:43 disconnection, thats a whole 14 mins since the last one my friends.