cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had enough after 5 years I'm OFF any good ISP's out there?

N/A

Here is my final comments after weeks of trying to resolve my issues, my patients ! THIN - understatement left the room more like Evil

SO as the per the advert,--- My patients! THIN - My account! MOVING :lol:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Forget my last comments, I have just spent over 20 minutes on hold waiting to speak to a support person (in the end Link:CUAremoved ) to finally have a 3 minuet heated debate about when my support on this problem (i.e. continual disconnects of service) should have started from, Monday 3rd July, when I raised this current ticket, or when I raised the previous ticket nearly a month ago 12th June. When I was first was asked to be patient about my continual disconnects that had been happening for a week or so previous. BTW this is documented, but closed and therefore ‘NOT VALID’

I asked many times for this to be escalated, if needed to management and this time when I have asked, I was told emphatically “NO, as ‘they’ (Management) cannot do anything for to help me!”

One final comment from Link:CUAremoved was an ultimatum that because I work from home for my company (i.e. I use VPN to connect to my company for e-mail etc.), I must upgrade my account to a business account and to quote “You have now been given 30 days notice to upgrade or face disconnection”

And now I have just received this in an e-mail

“Placing on hold, please contact EU if account not upgraded please contact and place on hold for further week.
Regards,
Link:CUAremoved”

Well I have now had enough of PlusNet, I have been with you for over 5 years, most likely a lot longer that all of your current support staff, and so yes ‘I am going to upgrade’ away from PlusNet - so I am giving you 30 days notice that - I am off.

I will also be complaining via your codes of practice, since Link:CUAremoved decided to use this as his last line of defense when he could not give me justification of the poor and inept ability of PlusNet to deliver the service and resolution to my connection problems that I am paying for. In my opinion PlusNet are in breach of contract, I am paying for a service that I am not receiving; I will be seeking financial reimbursement since my problems started at the beginning of June and will if needed take my case to the telecommunications ombudsman.

Sorry to sound so annoyed in this communiqué, but I am, you have not listened to me and have treated me with contempt,

so to put it mildly - add that into your stats, and interpret it the way you want - don’t say I have not warned you of my impending move from PlusNet in enough communications on this subject. Your customer service has become abysmal...............END

[Moderator's note by Mark (pcsni): CSA name removed as per the rules]
31 REPLIES
Community Veteran

There have been an awful lot of posts lately regarding Customer service at PlusNet. Hopefully they will do as they've indicated and begin sorting the problems out, but this will take a while.

I'm no doctor but I must say though, if you're patients are thin you could try dietry suplements :p

Chris
Community Veteran

I'm no doctor but I must say though, if you're patients are thin you could try dietry suplements :p

LOL :lol: I didnt see that one.
I guess when you are as miffed as Wayne obviously is, then "spellcheck" is probably one of the last things on your mind! Wink

I thought it was perfectly acceptable to vpn/collect emails from work on an residential account! [So long as you are not running the core of a business from it of course]

Why is this customer being forced to upgrade :?: :?

EDIT for clarity
N/A

I thought it was perfectly acceptable to vpn/collect emails from work!

i also was under the impression that occasional access was acceptable. perhaps this could be clarified.
JonathanW
Grafter

Occasional access, or usage similar to running a part time business from home, is okay for a residential package. However, as stated in the AUP you are expected to sign up for an account suitable for your usage requirements, so if you're constantly working from home you should ideally be on a TeleWorker package.

So it really depends on what was said in the conversation with the support agent in question.
N/A

I work from home 75% of my working week, and connect for e-mail and documentation transfer probably 30% of that time far less than p2p etc

After working 16 hours, yesterday and on returning home I just wanted to send my documents and e-mail’s and get to bed. 2 hours later and I still didn’t have a stable connection, as it has been the case for nearly a month now any time after 10pM till early morning, so that was it - I rang up

I said that “I rely the connection being there when I need it, as I work from home”

What this whole thing boils down to is that Mr. T couldn’t find enough excuses to justify his arguments, so when I said I work from home he just hit me with that “well you have to upgrade then to business within 30 days or be disconnected”. Anyhow this is all academic;

I am paying for 24/7 I expect it. Its “take the Pnet” who are breaching contract.

I have been looking at other ISP’s today and I notice that where in the past “take the PNet” were well up in the top 10 ISP’s on most popular boards they are finding it hard to keep in the top 20 and below, says it all really.

After 5+ years I am voting with my feet, as I have found today there is better out there:-

Tech support lines with friendly people who answerer the phone within 30 seconds (and I have rang 5 up today just to test)
Fair usage policies that are fair.
Better and more flexible packages
Good features

This is the third time I have written to the Customer services director to complain, there is not going to be a fourth.

Anyone reading this and thinking of joining “take the Pnet” walk away
N/A

Plus net is a bad bet

I support your comments totally and certainly will not renew when my 12 months contract expires. Its a pity that Plus-Net do not provide the service which they are contracted to do. You definitely have a point about them being in breach . It would be interesting to see how many complaints have been lodged with Oftel recently.
Has anyone experience of the Carphone Warehouse free broadband Offer?
N/A

Hi

I did post a reply to this, with just a few of the ISP's I have found but it was moved as it had details of other ISP's in it, its now here -

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=45161

I suppose what is the most worrying part about all this is that “take the Pnet” don’t seem to be alarmed that loyal customers are voting with their feet. It happened to me with Orange about 4 years ago, I did the same as I have done with “take the Pnet” complained verbally, in writing asked to be heard by management, in the end I told them I was going and would not look back, I did and havn’t. and you know I still receive personal calls from them asking me to return, and what do I say, “look at my old file, I told you I would not come back”

“take the Pnet” are going the same way
N/A

100% agree with the "walking syndrome" , I am walking hopfully by the weekend to another ISP one thats more transparent and does not hide behind confusing policies and hopefully one that treats its customers fairly, funny that didnt PN do that in years gone by!!!!!!!
N/A

How does the migration process work ? The one thing that bothers me is any risk of being without broadband for weeks and being un-adsled and having to deal with getting adsl again.

If one asks for a MAC and gives notice how long does it take to get the mac, and then how long does it generally take for the new supplier to take over?
N/A

Well took me a day to get the Mac code from PN and signed up with another isp a few days later, the code is valid for 30 days so you must use it within that time span. New isp well hopefully within 5 to 7 days still in that part of the loop so I cant say more but my PN account is paid till the 16th July. New to me but what the hell just had enough so I had to leave like many others I suspect!!!!
N/A

Be interested to know when the new isp starts working - do you just change the connection details on your router now - or will they take over after the plusnet account is used (so the the 16th) or did you specufy when you wanted them to start providing a service ? What notice did plusnet insist on - do they hold to 30 days or till the next billing point ?

My billing month has just started.
N/A

Well gave PN a months notice, signed up new isp this week paid for connection in the 1st months charge, Not to clear on reconnection yet but I guess its just new user name etc in router etc. My first and last time I hope. So when i find that the connection is a tad odd thens the time to explore my router and hopefully will be online with ACE!!!!! I believe I will receive an email with start date well I hope or I might just been in the dodo :lol: Lets see! :idea:
kjaerligkatt
Grafter

Occasional access, or usage similar to running a part time business from home, is okay for a residential package. However, as stated in the AUP you are expected to sign up for an account suitable for your usage requirements, so if you're constantly working from home you should ideally be on a TeleWorker package.

Jon, this is an interesting comment that I don't quite understand. What are the major differences between the Residential & Business accounts that should be used to determine which product to select?

I would have thought that, providing a customer keeps within their product usage restrictions (AUP & SUP), and are therefore signed up for an account suitable for their usage that the exact name/positioning of the product is less important.

Take (for example) a small, self employed builder, with their office in their home. They are not part time, but need access to the Internet to update their website & use email. They may only transfer 50MB data/month on the business usage (of course, since they work from home, the rest of the family will be using the connection also). What should they sign up for - a business or residential account?

From a business perspective, the only difference from the customer's side is that the business accounts are quoted ex VAT, and therefore VAT registered Co. could benefit.

What, however, from Plusnet's viewpoint determines the difference, and how should an individual decide?

Thanks, Neil
N/A

I was just about to sign up for Pnut plus broadband - have been with Pnut dialup for many years and I thought I would ask the forum of they knew what the currrnt peak time allowance is?

It used to be 6GB / month but I had a feeling it went down to 3GB. Problem with Pnut is there are so many inconsitencys on their info it is hard to know what to trust. :?