cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW DO I CONTACT SUPPORT!!!

N/A

I pay £50 a month for teleworker business account as I work from home and rely on this connection. Instead of 8mb im getting under 200k which does not allow me to work remotly. If I phone F9 I spend 5 mins going through options and told to leave a message, however the line goes dead. Is there anyway I can speak with someone to report a fault. I have tried all the suggested fixes.
F9, How do I speak with your helpdesk?
11 REPLIES
N/A

Hi there,

The CSC is under extreme pressure at the minute and the telephone system is seeing some fairly heavy use.

If you are experiencing a speed problem your best bet is to raise a query via the online helps and support system accessible here http://portal.f9.net.uk/wizard/index.html or by clicking Help&Support from the top of any portal page.

Once there Select " My Broadband Connection" and then "Self Test your connection and raise a fault"

From then on a ticket will be generated on your account for further testing and action, if required, by the Faults Team.

Hope that helps and good luck getting the problem sorted.
N/A

I appreciate your responce and have reported the problem via the "Check Broadband" option.
I am dissappointed that I pay all this money for a business account and still am unable to speak with someone or have a better SLA than 8 days possible fix time. I was expecting a better service for the money im paying and feel I maybe better off with a cheap homeuser account rather than pay £45 monthly for a business account if there is no difference in service.
N/A

Fully understood.

Support provision all round is in need of some TLC right now and in fairness, a lot of work is going on behind the scenes to make improvements.

Currently its an all hands to the pumps situation, where even directors and other key staff are answering tickets in an effort to work through the backlog.

There is a lot to be done and an announcement as to the current state of play is due very soon.

At that point we should be in a position to see where things are going.

Difficult times, but with the right focus and plan, things should get back to normal soon.
N/A

I was wondering how many days it takes before my call is picked up?
N/A

Well right now I have the same problem trying to chase a Broadband fault. It is however a total lack of service and only means in is via dial-up!!

First registered the problem by telephone automated message 5 days ago. The did the broadband fault test online by dial-up!!

Waited 1hour 20mins to contact an individual after 3days and tols telephone system was now on a 3 day service delay and automated checker had stalled. He would escalate!!

No response to anyform of contact customer care out of the window and an organisation that appears to have made changes, no doubt in the interest of saving costs, to users service that can in my view only destroy the company.

Time to leave F9 as quick as you can maybe evena return to BT will be better!!!

Good luck to everyone!!
N/A

Re: HOW DO I CONTACT SUPPORT!!!

I pay £50 a month for teleworker business account as I work from home and rely on this connection. Instead of 8mb im getting under 200k which does not allow me to work remotly. If I phone F9 I spend 5 mins going through options and told to leave a message, however the line goes dead. Is there anyway I can speak with someone to report a fault. I have tried all the suggested fixes.
F9, How do I speak with your helpdesk?

Hi dynem I am also a Business customer there appears to be no difference in the pacakges just that you have the word "business" tagged on your package the amount you pay is meaningless to F9 and after time and time again of the users stating they dont have enough staff to answer all the calls which you cant blame them for really but what you can blame them for is being so tight they refuse to admit they need the extra staff and refusing to recruit them to penny pinch.
I logged a call on the portal no response, I called got through to one of the drones who said my line will be looked at in 72 hours and then passed to BT which means I could be looking at 8 days minimum and for me no line means = no business because I have my VOIP, FAX, Email internet which is nessesrary for me to remot link into clietns sites and also my online backup service for clients are now non existent.
I have decided to go with a proper business ISP "Star Internet" who provide and SLA of 99.5% up time and have an awsome heldesk that get on the case instantly yes they are more expensive than F9 but the phrase you get what you pay for is most certiaily true.
Hope you manage to get your issue resolved.
Jamie.
astarsolutions
Grafter

I have been looking for a decent business broadband ISP for a while but haven't found anything better than F9.
I have decided to go with a proper business ISP "Star Internet"

Do you mean www.star.net.uk, if so all I can find is a basic ADSL package with 256k upload and 99% SLA (that's over three and a half days offline!), can I ask what package/service you went with?
N/A

Thanks for your information all. I only went with F9 as the support was very good when I joined. However my call has still not been answered. I have no option but to leave this ISP as its affecting my ability to work. I will have to get NTL (Who I previously left due to poor service) to install a line while I arrange Broadband transfer so that there is no gap in conectivity. This will at least ensure I can work during the transition.
Im certainly not paying £45 a month for a 70kb (At times) connection with no support. The only type of ISP F9 seems to be is an Intermittent Service Provider.
N/A

I've been advised in another thread that I should not have been moved from BT as im a business customer. I have requested that I be moved back due to the problems I seem to be experiencing since the move. Hopefully this will not take too long. I will however go ahead and order an NTL basic line for backup purposes. I rely so heavily on my line for work, an alternative for backup seems sensible.
If im moved back soon, I may wait and see if F9 can turn around their support issues and start providing the good service they once had. I also appreciate the response I've had from F9 in the forums.
astarsolutions
Grafter

I've been advised in another thread that I should not have been moved from BT as im a business customer

Do you mean move to Tiscali's LLU service if so I am fairly sure this isn't true.
N/A

I have been looking for a decent business broadband ISP for a while but haven't found anything better than F9.
I have decided to go with a proper business ISP "Star Internet"

Do you mean www.star.net.uk, if so all I can find is a basic ADSL package with 256k upload and 99% SLA (that's over three and a half days offline!), can I ask what package/service you went with?

Yes thats the company maybe they have reduced it in line with BTs MAXADSL problems for the time being my clients are long termers with Star.
e.g of down time my clietns have had call up on say 4:00pm saying your line is down they pick up the call instantly after you do basic tests like reboot router then check your phone line is working then they pass on to BT and have a team that chases BT all the way till its sorted then guaranteed the line is back up next day 8:00am mimimum the most I have had a Star line go down for at once is an afternoon and that goes for the whole 365 days !
Oh yeah and you can call them and get through and instead of quoting 72 hours or 48 hours they actually tell you your call status i.e we have passed it to BT it will be back up by tomorrow morning etc no thats a "helpdesk" informative and helping you get your line backup.
F9 oh yeah sorry we stillhave 71 hours left to fix your line
Sorry still 24 hours
The the ones who can acutally read quote "we have a very high call volume at the moment we understand that you have had no broadband now for 10 days which is only a little above 72 hours we understand your losingmoney but dont really care because we get out DD every month from you...............opps I shouldnt have said that"
So who says ADSL is not reliable :lol:
Its the ISP wh is unreliable like the pathetic F9 clowns who claim to offer a business service and "support" in general is no existent my line is back up they informed me my line was back up when I knoew that because it connected and said must "have been engineering work going on in your area" easy to blame BT, to take the focus off their pathetic support system which will never improve until they invest properly.