cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP multi e-mails from ebay

N/A

i run a reasonable large e-bay sellers account i i have found that if i download my e-mails to microsoft outlook i get multiple e-mails of the same question, but if i look at my e-mails on the web mail page there is only one e-mail of that particular question there as soon as i open my outlook i get 3 copies of it .... weird and driving me nuts HELP
6 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

Is it just the eBay emails you get in duplicate or any email sent to that address? Do you have three mail profiles set up in Outlook (go to Tools -> Email Accounts -> View/Change), if so check to make sure that they all have different usernames set up otherwise they'll all be running at the same time and download all your mail three times.
N/A

just e-bay mails saying that though i had watch this thread on it ,and got 2 copeis in my outlook
trying your suggestion at the mo will let you know if its solved

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Full quote of preceding post removed as per the Link:rules
N/A

done what you said still getting multiple e-mails from e-bay any more ideas help
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Check Message Rules (Tools -> Rules and Alerts I think, been a while since I clicked it) to see if there's a rule copying them.

If you send yourself an email to this address do you get multiple copies or just one?

Have you set Outlook to leave a copy of the message on the server?

The muliple mail profile is the most common reason for duplicate mail, but the other two things can happen too.
N/A

Check Message Rules (Tools -> Rules and Alerts I think, been a while since I clicked it) to see if there's a rule copying them.

If you send yourself an email to this address do you get multiple copies or just one?

Have you set Outlook to leave a copy of the message on the server?

The muliple mail profile is the most common reason for duplicate mail, but the other two things can happen too.

done all that if i send e-mail to me i get 1 , from e-bay multi e-mails, no rule to copy them, or to leave on server.....any ideas?
Ben_Brown
Grafter

If you look in the headers of the duplicate emails (see http://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/19.html for instructions) there should be a "Message-ID:" header.

Are the Message ID's the same on the duplicate emails?