cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP. Please please please upgrade me to MaxDSL

N/A

Please would someone at plusnet with the power upgrade my service to MaxDSL. (8Mb) I have requested upgrades via the appropriate paths on your website to no avail many times and have recently discovered that no regrades are going through anyway!! I cannot get through on the phone - some really torturous press 1 for this and 2 for that for about ten minutes only to be told to call the premium rate number that doesn't work!! I really am at the end of my teather. We are only 300Mtrs from our exchange and are prepared to take the risks associated with this upgrade - if only I could speak to a human being to request it!

Any help would be gratefully received.

Regards M
65 REPLIES
NigelWood
Grafter

Re: HELP. Please please please upgrade me to MaxDSL

Please would someone at plusnet with the power upgrade my service to MaxDSL. (8Mb) I have requested upgrades via the appropriate paths on your website to no avail many times and have recently discovered that no regrades are going through anyway!!

Regrades to max are going through, by request. You have requested it correctly. Please review the responses to your tickets using the help assistant.

If human intervention makes you feel more comfortable I'll check up status of your orders on the BT system tomorrow morning.
N/A

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately all I can get from the 'Help Assistant' is some very 'unhelpful' automated responses saying your request has been acknowledged. I requested this back on 15th May and have repeatedly renewed my request.
Asked 15th May Automated response 23rd May
Asked 25th June - Auto reply 26th June
Asked 13th July - Auto reply 14th July
Asked 4th Aug - Auto reply 5th Aug
Asked 23rd Aug - Auto reply 24th Aug

Absolutely nothing has changed this proceedure does not work! Yes please - I would be very grateful if you would check up and see whats happening with BT and let me know and if nothing is happening please could you process my request.

Thanks for your help

M
retep
Grafter

My understanding is that most maxDSL upgrades give an improvement in speed but there is a risk of a reduction in speed too.

I think this is more likely if you are some distance from the exchange anyway my experience of maxDSL was an 'upgrade' from 1Mb to usually 0.5Mb, okay sometimes get 1.5Mb too.

Just a warning.
N/A

Hiya. Yes thanks for the info brist. I have been reading a lot about that and am prepared to take the chance. I am only 300Mtrs from the exchange and have never had a drop out or any speed less than ~2200 downstream on our 2 Meg service so I am hopeful all will go well - Just need the people that can, to make the switch for me. I hope your speeds settle down (up?) as BT gradually make adjustments.

Cheers

M
Mand
Grafter

Hi

I've submitted a Max order for you, it's due to go through on Tuesday but please allow until Wednesday for it to complete. Smiley
N/A

Thats terrific. Many thanks mandbeckett for your help. Smiley

Kind Regards

M
N/A

MaxDSL

Erm... i've asked to be upgraded numerous times since 8th May, could I also have an order put through?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Re: MaxDSL

Erm... i've asked to be upgraded numerous times since 8th May, could I also have an order put through?

Same as above, should be done Tuesday/Wednesday.
Cat
Dabbler

I also asked on 13th may 8th june for an upgrade . I was going to ask for my mac code but should i wait and hope you can put it through for me ..still on 1.1 Mpbs and a bit fed up now.
Regards
DD
N/A

Thank you.
N/A

As another member of the seemingly quite large 'waiting since May' club, can I request that I also receive the benefit of some user intervention?

It's fairly obvious that the conventional methods of request just aren't working, shouldn't things of this nature be followed up with a yay or nay (and an explanation)?

I have now developed a automatic cynicism to the word 'endeavour'.
N/A

Are you sure you want to be moved from a stable connection to a completely unstable one? Wink
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

distorteddreams and nickmowinski, both should also be done Tuesday/Wednesday.

nickmowinski, you might find the information in the following status post of use, which goes in to some of the details about the bulk regrade process:

http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1155744140.htm
N/A

Are you sure you want to be moved from a stable connection to a completely unstable one? Wink

It's hardly stable at the moment, hasn't been for a long time.

If your talking in terms of HTTP and regular FTP, save for the odd outage around about late afternoons it's full upload and download speed all the time, if it wasn't for the building at the bottom of my garden, I could actually see my exchange down the road.

However :?

As soon as my connection gets a whiff of a Torrent, it's anyone's guess, after a few minutes, (sometimes hours), as soon as the speed picks up, my connection goes into the danger zone, I have developed an automatic reflex action where I plug/unplug the modems phone wire to kick the connection up the backside. NOTHING I've ever tried has ever been able to fix negate reduce it, the only common denominator is using a Torrent client.

I'm not risking a mecca of all broadband connections here, I can assure you that no utopian/like DSL connection is being jeopardised in any way Cheesy

One time I managed a couple of days with zero disconnect, might have been a dream though Tongue