cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP-Line upgraded but Remote desktop via VPN unusable!

N/A

Our line was upgraded in the early hours today, initially sync was [UpSpeed=832000 DownSpeed=8128000 SNR=7.0 Atten=19.5] after a reboot at 0800 it changed to [UpSpeed=832000 DownSpeed=7680000 SNR=6.0 Atten=19.5] and PN speed test still show the max speed at around 1880kbps which I half expected.

I use Draytek routers VPN functionality to connect between sites, my PN site being the hub for incoming connections (Remote Desktop, e-mail, file transfer).

Given the increase in UpSpeed I was half expecting RD sessions to be faster/smoother when connecting to a PC from a remote broadband connection but experience so far today is very, very disappointing, it's been actually a lot slower, almost to the point where remote desktop is impossible to use as the screen refreshes are slow.

Also transfering files from my PN connection is impossible!

I don't know if this is a draytek issue or what, the routers are Vigor 2600X and Vigor 2600We both with the same firmware version (2.5.6_UK), linking from a Metronet connection (20:1 - 2mbps) into my Plusnet connection (20:1 - 8mbps - almost).

Anyone have any thoughts on this, I have had no problems with VPN connections, they've been working perfectly for months until now and I need this resolved asap?

Regards,
Cary.
2 REPLIES
N/A

any chance you can get hold of and post any error stats from your draytek? You might also have had "interleaving" switched on - but with those stats it is unlikely (but not impossible)
N/A

Panic over I think.....

Another reboot of the router 15 minutes ago seems to have solved the
problem.

Line sync is now backup to 8128000, remote desktop is much better and
file transfers seem to be running at ~650kbps (up) (via VPN) and currently ~3700kbps (down) from msdn.microsoft.com.

Cary