cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELLacoya! 2kb/sec on peak, 5kb/sec off peak on BB+

N/A

i want a clear answer from staff. u have any intention of improving somewhow p2p in off peak times to minimum standards ( 25kkb/sec) for BB+ customers or should i request my mac code?
are u considering immediate alternatives to this nonsense or u wanna keep using BB+ as a fishnet to trick ppl to sign up with u ?
do u think only being able to load up a page or send an email in a fraction of a second faster than on a 512 line is good value for 15 quid? while not being able to download not even at 10% of the speed of a 512 line? please u must think really low of your custmoers.
and one last thing ....WRITE IN CLEAR LETTERS ON YOUR SITE BB+ IS NOT SUITABLE FOR P2P AT ALL TIMES AND THAT TRAFFIC IS HEAVILY SHAPED AT ALL TIMES.
U fooled enough ppl as it is ...including me! Evil
89 REPLIES
N/A

see the "plusnet vision" post
Ben_Brown
Grafter

As has been discussed previously in this forum, Broadband Plus accounts are not suited to Peer to Peer use, and will not perform well in this area.

If you use P-2-P more than occasionally then you will really need to upgrade to a Premier account.
N/A

see the "plusnet vision" post

1ST- ITS NOT 2006 YET
2ND- WHEN U SIGN UP THERE'S NO SIGN OF THAT POST
3RD- I CHOSE BB+ ON THE BASIS OF THIS PRODUCT DESCRIPTION WHICH IS STILL CURRENT:

"With Broadband Plus you can use any type of Internet services you want. In order to ensure we deliver a high level of service, during busy periods we will give priority to services such as web browsing and email and a lower priority to high usage services such as downloading and file sharing.

Broadband Plus is based on a PlusNet network contention ratio of up to 50:1.

If you regularly file-share and download, take a look at Broadband Premier. With a PlusNet network providing up to 30:1 contention , Broadband Premier offers a premium service and is suitable for Internet enthusiasts and families. "

I don't regularly file share, i am happy with 50:1 contention, and i dont care of having good p2p/download speeds in busy hours....so i chose the right service to suit my needs. yet i''m not receiving the service i'm paying for .
N/A

Sorry my answer was a bit short and i agree with a lot of what you say, the advertising doesnt state how much shaping is going on and what apps are being basically crippled

Other people have brought this up in other topics so your not alone in what you think
N/A

As has been discussed previously in this forum, Broadband Plus accounts are not suited to Peer to Peer use, and will not perform well in this area.

If you use P-2-P more than occasionally then you will really need to upgrade to a Premier account.

HAHAHAHA!!!!!! I only use it occasionally but i am now forced to use it more than i would like because it now takes ages to download anything at 0.5 kbps!!!

LOL

When are you touring you funny funny man!? I wanna go and buy tickets to your standup comedy act!
N/A

1- where does it say on the sign up page?it only say p2p is given lower priority at busy times....which is quite different from saying BB+ is unsuitable for p2p all together. heck it doesn't even say p2p is completely killed off during peak times....just "lower priority". as your phone operator confimed, i should be able to get decent download speeds off peak ....infact i used to get decent speeds till this hellacoya nonsense.
2- i use p2p ocasionally....or better said NOT AT ALL cos it's impossible to download anything peak or off peak anymore, i tried yesterday ....and with 5kb/sec i had to give up. on popular services like emule i can't even connect cos i would get banned for not even meeting the minmum requirement of 11 kb/sec.

we are asking for the minimum requirements (25kb/sec) off peak.. not asking for great p2p speeds or even half decent speeds.....but the speed of the lamest 256 dsl connection for off peak times.
BB+ bad for p2p ok... but at least usable off peak..
BB premier for good p2p speeds off and on peak.
that's how it should be really....but what u did is transform bb premier into bb+....and tranformed bb+ in one of those lame scamming accounts to attract people who know no better.
N/A

lol ive a premier account... slow p2p, slow newsgroup, bad pings in games... i actually dont think there is any difference what so ever between the two services.

last i read premier gets shaped by 10%? explain 50kbps during 'peak times' (im sure ur impression of peak times differs terribly from most ppls)
N/A

Okay i think i know how plusnet should advertise BB+.....

BroadBand Plus:
No P-2-P traffic is allowed. If you require use of P-2-P applications then subscribe to our Premier package.

:shock: Evil
N/A

@tleask

By all means contribute to the thread, but do so in a constructive manner.

Personal comments or sarcasm acheive nothing. Keep the thread on topic and within the rules.
N/A

@tleask

By all means contribute to the thread, but do so in a constructive manner.

Personal comments or sarcasm acheive nothing. Keep the thread on topic and within the rules.

Eh? Was that at the first post? Im sorry i just couldnt help myself :lol: Anyway the second post is a valid point that i think PlusNet should be making on the page that discribes the BB+ package. That should be constructive to PlusNets advertising department.

On a side note, here is a quote i found over at ADSLguide...
here
He said there is a fault with their routing software/hardware they use to read packets and route them based on that info. He did say what it was called but I didn't write it down and don't remember.

HOWEVER! I would take this with a pinch of salt!

[Moderator's note by Mark (pcsni): Fixed link for you]
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Peak time is between 4pm and midnight. Although there is some shaping on p2p on Premier accounts there are many other factors which are far more significant in determining the sort of speeds you can get, most importantly the amount of people that are sharing what you are trying to get, and also if there is any contention on your exchange.

For example, my Staff account is shaped to a greater extent than Premier accounts are but I am still able to download a good torrent at about 200kB/s off peak and around 150 kB/s at peak times.
N/A

Keep the thread on topic and within the rules.

ah... seems we arent allowed to complain about our service or offer solutions either now.

is your service fine pcsni? if so then great, but u know what, noone elses in this thread is.
N/A

When I first read this post and what this person was saying I just knew there would be a post from someone from Plusnet staying BB+ is this and that and is not suitable etc.

Then later after someone replies and says but I am not downloading during peak times etc. as I have said before and download in off peak times etc. where you would actually expect a speed faster than 2/3 k/s and guess what.....

Not a word from another Plusnet CS person..........

As I recall having read in other forums, BB Premiere people are having the same slow speeds, so so much for upgrading.....
N/A

For example, my Staff account is shaped to a greater extent than Premier accounts are but I am still able to download a good torrent at about 200kB/s off peak and around 150 kB/s at peak times.

yada yada yada :roll: