cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grrrr. I have been downgraded :(

N/A

Right, had Plusnet Premium 2MBit for a few months, all was well no disconnects or problems.

Had a problem with my direct debit while I was out of the country and when I arrived back I was told I would have to pay a £70 reconnection fee.
Bit of a pain in the a*se but reluctantly paid.

Now i've been reconnected by BT/PlusNet and have been told my line can only support 1mbit. I wouldn't mind this but I've already had 2mbit from plusnet for a few months now and I know for a fact it works perfectly on my line!!!

What can I do? PlusNet refuse to try and override BT's decision but I know they are wrong! They had no problems giving me 2mbit a few months ago!!!
11 REPLIES
N/A

i really dont understand bt and there selective process of giving people 2mbit. i had to fight to get 2mbit and i got it in the end after bt tellin plus my line cant support it, well it can and continues to do so.

:/

Bob/dave or something shud be able to fix this i would think
N/A

BT have changed the rules on what lines will provide ADSL reliably and what wont, any order for 2meg will simply be rejected by BT

Your best best bet is to ask for a manual provide to 2 meg, although there are no guarantees this will work and may incur regrade fees, it is your only hope Smiley

Raising a ticket is your best option
N/A

Dave is aware of this, but is unfortunatly not in a position to help tonight.

If you don't hear anything tomorrow, I will nudge him.
N/A

Thank you.
N/A

Haven't heard anything yet...

Could someone from plus.net who is dealing with this contact me on my office telephone number:

01293 863214

Thank you.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

Unfortunately the wholesale ordering system is down at the moment, but I will have a look into this for you as soon as it's back up.
N/A

Right I still haven't heard anything from you.
Could you please give me an update as to the situation?
N/A

i sympathise with this. when i cancelled my first ADSL to sign up with another ISP i was told my line could not support ADSL and i was left without a connection for months.
N/A

WHY have i still not heard anything back from you?

Can you please upgrade my line to the 2mbit I had previously.
Community Veteran

Dave, where are you I'm scared :razz: ;-)
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

Sorry for not replying back, I got the order in progress but forgot to reply to you. It's taking a bit longer than normal because we need to get an over-ride done at BT Wholesale.