cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grrrr, BT taking their time

N/A

Well I guess it's only been 8 working days since I ordered plusnet but I wish BT would get a move on or give an expected date. When I got ADSL at my old flat a few years back it didn't take so long Sad
17 REPLIES
N/A

Have you checked the ADSL Order Status for problems?
Have you checked your tickets for problems?

If no issue show there, how have you payed for your connection. Via Direct Debit in Full, Via Credit Card in full or by a mix of the two?

If you chose Direct Debit in Full, then orders take longer than the other two options. PlusNet do not submit the order for activation until the Direct Debit is confirmed as setup.

This can take some time in itself.
N/A

Thanks, acarr, but the initial Payment was made on the 16th on a credit card so that can't be the issue.

Maybe it's slow as it's a rural exchange, but BT themselves confirmed that 1MB ADSL would be aavailable on the line when I ordered the phone line transferred to my name (I've just moved in).
N/A

Unfortunatly, BTs advice will have only been a guide. Only activation of the line can confirm the speeds available on it.

I have seen plenty of cases where the line showed promise of 2Mb, but has barely been able to receive 512Kb after activation.

What does the ADSL Order Status show you, and does the link:contact us system show anything that would be of help?

Have you attempted to phone PlusNet to see if they are aware of anything that may be holding the order, that is not in the tickets (or you ahve misread)?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

Unfortunately it looks like the line check has failed at 2Mbps, from the notes it only failed the line checks at the end of last week. I've resubmitted it through at 1Mbps for you.
N/A

This is rather annoying as when I ordered the line transferred to me, several weeks ago, BT told me over the phone that the line could support 1Mb but not 2Mb.

If you'd given me the option I would have let you know and we wouldn't have had to wasted all this time.

I hope things move on now as this isn't exactly a great sucess so far.
N/A

Finally got an activation date set for the 6th, so it will have taken them 15 working days to get there....if they mange it then.
N/A

Now I see:

Unfortunately we haven't been able to confirm that your activation, originally scheduled for 06th Sep 2005 - After 12pm, has been completed successfully. This may be a temporary delay, however if more than 24 hours have passed then please contact our support centre who will be able to provide you with an update.

My modem (Linksys ADSL2MUE) shows connected and logged in last night but should I be able to use the service yet?

(ticket logged)

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Quote tags fixed for you.
N/A

Re: Grrrr, BT taking their time

Well I guess it's only been 8 working days since I ordered plusnet but I wish BT would get a move on or give an expected date. When I got ADSL at my old flat a few years back it didn't take so long Sad

I'm in the same position. My order details are showing the following information:

Activation Date
The provisional date set for BT to activate ADSL on your line is:
07th Sep 2005 - After 12pm

Now, I know that this "deadline" passed only six hours ago, and I don't want to appear impatient, but how long should I wait before following this up to find out why my line isn't active yet? And who should I contact - BT or PlusNet?

I am a little concerned that I haven't heard anything yet - mainly because when I moved in to my new address a few weeks ago I was told by BT that they "think there might be" a DACS box on the line (they couldn't tell me for sure). I know that in most cases DACS boxes can be easily removed, but I'm concerned I'm going to be one of the few cases where it can't, and if so I want to be told sooner rather than later...
N/A

And who should I contact - BT or PlusNet

Plus Net. BT Wholesale wont speak to us mortals and BT retail have nothing to do with your adsl activation. Plus net have to do the chasing.

Welcome to the forums.
N/A

Welcome to the forums.

Thanks - and thanks for the info.

I'm assuming it's the DACS that's causing the delay (and the 28k max connection speed on dialup!) but have sent off a "ticket" to see if there is any more info - guess I'll just have to be patient for now. (How soon am I allowed to start getting impatient? Wink )
Community Veteran

That'll be it! You don't by anychance know where the DACS is?
N/A

Big white box on the wall somewhere.

Follow your phone lines around the house until you find it.
Community Veteran

Only thing is it isn't always in your house, it could be under a lake!
N/A

Big white box on the wall somewhere.

I'll have a look out for it - I haven't seen anything yet that fits the description, but at least there are no lakes near me... Smiley