cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Green Lights on Service Status

RobDickson
Grafter

I've just checked the service status page, and all the sections now have green lights. The last time I remember this happening was just before the power outage messed everything up about a year ago. Let's hope it doesn't happen again!
8 REPLIES
Mand
Grafter

Hi,

Hope you haven't just cursed it there! Cheesy

It's good news for us, and a sign of some very hard work recently making improvements to some services which have been neglected for a little while.

We have plenty more improvements to make though, and will be giving more information regarding these over the coming weeks. Smiley
Community Veteran

I reckon the ccgi bulb went pop for being amber for so long and someone painted the bulb green 'cus they did not have any amber paint Tongue

Hmm... I wonder how many other bulbs have been painted green :roll:
Community Veteran

Well, to be fair, CCGI does actually seem to be working rather nicely now, so I think it's fully deserving of a nice fresh green bulb.
KevinHyland
Grafter

I'm sorry - but you cannot justify a green light on E-mail at the moment. It is a complete mess, what with the ongoing Hotmail issues, people still waiting their address books to be migrated to the new webmail and the whole temporary nature of the current webmail platform.

Please put your house in order before you start showing off - it is incredibly frustrating for the victims of these failures...
Community Veteran

To be fair, the hotmail issue is not if PNs doing, they are still sending out email as instructed (to many other mail servers, not just hotmail) but Hotmail is the one rejecting it for reasons only they know. Getting hotmail to investigate / resolve such issues is not easy either.

It is also very common for one or more PN mailservers to be blacklisted by other servers so changing the status to amber each time someone reports such an occurrence it would be blinking on and off.

Webmail, while temporary, is still a fully functional system and is working, just some users have not yet had their old address books copied over yet. As that is not a general problem the service status reflects this.

None of those issues warrants a non-green status to me.
KevinHyland
Grafter

To be fair, the hotmail issue is not if PNs doing, they are still sending out email as instructed (to many other mail servers, not just hotmail) but Hotmail is the one rejecting it for reasons only they know. Getting hotmail to investigate / resolve such issues is not easy either.

It is also very common for one or more PN mailservers to be blacklisted by other servers so changing the status to amber each time someone reports such an occurrence it would be blinking on and off.

Webmail, while temporary, is still a fully functional system and is working, just some users have not yet had their old address books copied over yet. As that is not a general problem the service status reflects this.

None of those issues warrants a non-green status to me.

I'm afraid that we are going to have to disagree on that.

The current, prolonged, issue with Hotmail, would not cause a "blinking" amber light. It would be very steady for quite some time. There isn't even a note on the service status page explaining the problem.

The address book issue is also ongoing and should be flagged up too!

And while we are on the subject of Plusnet's e-mail service:

Squirrel Mail is an appalling webmail platform in my opinion. I can only send plain text messages for some reason. Even mail2web had a rich text editor, as does @mail (which is still accessible from it's own website).

Considering the money I am spending, why should I be stuck with an inferior product?

And what compensation has been offered for all of the recent, disasterous "mishaps" with the e-mail service? NOT ONE PENNY!!
RobDickson
Grafter

Oh dear. I didn't mean to start off a rant.

Just a thought - if you need to send rich-text e-mails, and @mail and mail2web both have rich-text editors, surely there's a solution here........

Also, comparing PlusNet's current webmail service with that of other ISPs, it still seems pretty good to me.
KevinHyland
Grafter

It's ok - it's not your fault!

To answer your question, yes I can send rich text messages from the alternative platforms, but I shouldn't have to!

Having to keep logging in "externally" so speak is very inconvenient and there is no access to my address book (not that there's much in it - well one entry - at the moment anyway, thanks to Plusnet still not having migrated my ontacts across).

Even if they insist on displaying a green light, these problems should still be noted by Plusnet on the service status page.