cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphs Graphs Graphs!

Liam
Grafter

Graphs Graphs Graphs!

Graphs are good. Graphs demonstrate facts and allow you to make relative comparisons. You hear us talking about being "Open and Honest" and that is how we like to be. We want to put as many tools and 'views' into us and our network as we can.

Some of you are undoubtedly aware of the new graphs that we've put on our Help Pages, but for those of you that aren't, you can now see the following graphs right here on our Portal :

- Mail Queues
- DNS Response Times
- Broadband Usage Graphs
- Broadband Packet Drops by Gateway

We'd like to extend the graphing that we make available to customers going forwards - so if you have any particular requests do let us know.

Recently we set-up some test lines into our head-office and are performing a variety of Customer Experience graphing and testing on these. We hope to make graphs available from these very soon.

What do you think?
19 REPLIES
Firejack
Grafter

Graphs Graphs Graphs!

How many test lines you got? If you have 4 I would like to see a comparison graph for Business, PAYG, Broadband Plus and Premier taken at similar times during the day. Would be good if you could include results for different protocols that have different priorities on the Ellacoyas also. So some game pings, HTTP results, FTP and P2P tests. This would help people signing up make the right decision and also help existing customer decide if they need to change package to get the performance they require.

If its not to cheeky can we have the old style Plus.net graphs back showing network usage? They were much more informative.
James
Grafter

Graphs Graphs Graphs!

We're currently using 3 test lines mapping performance over PAYG, Broadband Plus and Premier.
Firejack
Grafter

Graphs Graphs Graphs!

How about swapping the Broadband Plus for Business? Can't imagine you'll be using Broadband Plus come the next product revamp.
Liam
Grafter

Graphs Graphs Graphs!

We've got 3. One on Broadband PAYG, one on Broadband Premier and one on Broadband Plus.

These are permenantly connected and testing. We have other lines that we can use for Ad-Hoc testing but the three we're talking about here are purpose-used for graphing.

It might be worth getting a Business line setup. I'll ask the question.
James
Grafter

Graphs Graphs Graphs!

We're just focusing on showing performance against our Residential products currently, but will take on your feedback.
Firejack
Grafter

Graphs Graphs Graphs!

What about the old style graphs? :twisted:
Liam
Grafter

Graphs Graphs Graphs!

Hmmm.... old style? I personally prefer the nice new smooth ones.
Firejack
Grafter

Graphs Graphs Graphs!

That example i used was much more useful with the information it gave. It has totally network capacity on the y-axis and time on the x-axis with the green area showing total capacity in use. Not sure what the blue line was. Total number of users online maybe? Either way a graph that shows total capacity/capacity in use would be great.
Liam
Grafter

Graphs Graphs Graphs!

OK. I'll see what I can do.
Liam
Grafter

Graphs Graphs Graphs!

And here's one of the Broadband Performance Reporting pages :

http://www.plus.net/support/network_performance/broadband_service_performance.shtml

The other two products will follow in the new year.
Firejack
Grafter

Graphs Graphs Graphs!

Ooooo pretty graphs. Me likes! :mrgreen:
Liam
Grafter

Graphs Graphs Graphs!

Yeah. There are some reporting issues with the scripts that we're currently working on (where there are some blanks in the graphs). But come the new year we'll have a nice set for each product.

They nice :-)
N/A

Graphs Graphs Graphs!

The service performance graph shows giganews running below 10KB/s at all times.
So usenet can be expected to run at dial-up speeds, despite what has been said to the contrary.
N/A

Re: Graphs Graphs Graphs!

We'd like to extend the graphing that we make available to customers going forwards - so if you have any particular requests do let us know.

How about a graph showing some video streams and the buffering that accompanies them.

I have been trying to watch some streaming media via the BBC today. Is it too much to ask that a 256k stream does not buffer within the 30 seconds that it plays on a 5.5Mb connection?