cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got my mac key, what isp should i go 2 or do i get upgrade

N/A

Served my 12 month contract on 512 easystart,over this year had nothing but trouble[slower pings,slow pages,e-mails taking up too days]I,ve done many tests 2 no avail[still get problems]roughly 2 weaks out the month?Wondering if going to a 1mg package would be any good,my usage for my 512 at moment is about 5gb-20 a month for £25.

Moderator's note by Chris (fa55dsl): Changed title to make it easier to read.
4 REPLIES
N/A

One thing you cannot do and that is migrate to a 1mb account with another isp from a 512 account.
You can only migrate to same speed package/account.
Another thing if you migrate you have to give plus 30 days notice.
I change over to Zen on 11th but I have to pay this months payment and my account stays active till 5th Feb even tho I will not be able to use it.

Only way to go to a faster package/account is to signup with an isp the same way as if you were doing it for the first time and as you know you will not be able to give the isp the mac key.
I wanted to go for a 1 mb account with another isp and was told by every isp that I cannot migrate to a higher speed from a 512 one.
Like for like is what I was told.
N/A

Miffs,

Migrating to another isp may not resolve your issues. If your are continually experiencing high pings and browsing issues outside of the current problems (which have hopefully been sorted) then it would be better identifying the cause rather than migrating. If the problem is at your exchange, with your line or due to internal issues then this will only carry over to your new ISP.

A regrade to a faster speed is also unlikely to resolve your issues and may in fact make things worse.

Have you carried out the usual diagnostic checks on your connection? Have BT given your line and exchange a clean bill of health?

Better to fully identify the problem first than bring it with you.

Regards

Mark
Community Veteran

Also this is not the right place to ask where you should migrate to. I suggest you visit the ADSLguide message boards and ask there as you are likely to get a better reply from non-plusnet users. Either look at some of the ISP forums there or ask in/read the which ISP (residential) forum.

Also as others have said, moving ISP may not solve your problems if they are exchange/local issues, but if you have tried and failed to find out what it is that is your choice.
N/A

cheers [musicman 53]already been 2 zen bb,also nildram,Think ill do same as you go 2 zen.Also the problems im having,only happen 2weaks out the month,plus net +myself have done numerus tests/also bt/ line check ect,no 1 seems to no how im getting the problem[also may i say it only realy started when plusnet went 1mg]...