cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got 8mb, and it works brilliant.

N/A

Despite what everyones been saying.

Been upgraded to maxdsl. Getting 8000kps sync, downloads coming through brilliantly, no drop outs. This is great!

David
20 REPLIES
willhome
Grafter

+1
Speedtests just done this second

plusnet - 5.41mbps
adslguide- 5.5mbps
bt - 6.1mbps
bbmax - 6.0mbps
N/A

Cheesy

Router syncing at: 8128.
Plusnet stable rate says: Your current broadband speed is 8000 Kbps.
Sped test says: 4.58 Mbps

That'll do me - Cheesy
N/A

hmmm

IT would appear 5.5 ish is the best we can expect even when synced @ 8..

ADSLguide ST 5,638.8 Kbps
Bernard_Shakey
Grafter

I'm syncing @ 2.8 but only getting 1.4 in tests

Dave
N/A

Synching @ 8, PN speed test shows 5.4.
Unreliable cos our offices are open now, so there'll be a load of peeps checking web e-mails, weather, sending mail via exchange etc etc.
Pretty happy with work connection. (Home still lousy!)
Hoseman
Grafter

Can someone remind me when the testing is over once the upgrade takes place? As far as Im aware, after the upgrade happens there is a period of time where the line is tested until it is determned what speeds it can handle.

At the mo, experiencing speeds in the high 3s (3.8, 3.9) and the occasional 4.1.
N/A

Yep,

There is a 10 day training period followed by an advised 2 day period allowing BT to inform Plusnet of your stable rate.

What I did was counted the days from the first day I noticed the higher sync ( as apposed to assuming an earlier upgrade etc ).

I was lucky enough to actually get an email on completion of my upgrade and then sure enough saw higher speeds.
I am not howeevr saying you will get an email, I was merely stating what happened on my line.

Regards,
N/A

I assume you are on PAYG because i've been with plusnet longer, submitted a Q jump ticket but still haven't been upgraded...

*grumble*
gm4jjj
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Not all PAYG have been done yet - I'm still waiting and I joined in Jan 2002.
apollo1
Grafter

hi i am a PAYG user but opted for the queue jump and got MAXdsl yesterday, forget waiting and try to jump

Gray
gm4jjj
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I did initially try to jump and was told it was not required for PAYG. Then I cancelled the Q jump ticket. Then I queried this and they said it didn't matter but it could take 4 weeks yet...

Well that settles it, I have joined the Q jumpers again.
N/A

I am on Premier, and I did a que jump.
N/A

6.5 this morning, before users come in to work.
Incidentally on Business package, so used to be 20:1 BT contention, not sure if this is still the case, but if it is that could explain the high stability - seems BT don't expect anybody to get consistently more than 5.5
N/A

the big thing I cannot understand is, I am still waiting for mine to go up, after 9 days, it has been steady on the router at the full whack, but I cant download or speed test any more than 2mb

BUT

All seeing eye game browser setup, it runs a network test, and I am consistently getting around 4019725bits/sec. which apparently converts to around 4mb

Any ideas?