cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodbye & good luck to those still sticking it out

N/A

just requested my key after 3 years of Plusnet. the first 2 where good, this lastyear... well, all i will say is im very disapointed.
N/A

I'v been with PlusNet since June. Have had no problems and have always found the CS via ticket system very quick and reasonable.
Maybe I am just too easily pleased by quick answers and reliable connection with speeds up to max. ( I can only get 1MB with my distance from the exchange)

Cannot see what the problem is with ordiniary downloading, browsing and emails. Anyone who wants Video streaming and P2P would probably be better off with a direct hardwired connection, perhaps a bit expensive though.
N/A

Anyone who wants Video streaming and P2P would probably be better off with a direct hardwired connection, perhaps a bit expensive though.

Hardwired conenction for P2P / Video streaming? that makes no sence, at all.
N/A

No problem

Thanks
N/A

What is the problem then?
N/A

What is the problem then?

Maybe you should read the forums. It does not have to be continually repeated. If you are happy with your service, then there is no problem.
N/A

I have been with them for a good number of years, and I like "leebown" are not having any problems.

Well that's great for you but perhaps if you had been lied to, treated in a rude mannor & had your tickets ignored you might feel differently..
N/A

But although however tough this may be, I do not think that it is fair for ANY member of staff ( if what has been said is indeed true ) to become disrespectful with a customer, potential customer, a co-worker etc etc.

"if what has been said is indeed true"

Tom, with all due respect I'm 34 yrs old & have better things to do with my time than tell lies/tales about PN.

PN told me to call back a couple days later & said they would speak to the Tech guys when I called back. When I called the second time the rep point blank refused to contact the Tech guys as the first CS rep promised would happen.

This second rep I spoke to lied & said there was nobody senior in the office as I wished to complain further about the above. I had to say to him don't lie to me & that there must be at least one person senior to him in the office.

He then proceeded to make on lie after another as to why there were no senior members of staff in.

He then thought he'd get me off the phone by saying yes there is one but he's busy.

After me asking him several times in between his lies & excuses he finally went & spoke to a senior member of staff who's name I have but obviously cannot divulge in a post. This person told the rep I was speaking to that he would not talk to me.

That is appaling service, I ask to speak to somebody senior & they point blank refuse to speak to me.

The senior rep refusing to speak to me & the lies told by both the first & second reps I spoke to showed total disregard for me or my custom. I asked there & then for my MAC key I received it via a ticket & e-mail within the next couple of minutes.

The simple truth is PN couldn't give a damm about your custom. If they did I wouldn't have been treated in such a poor manner.
N/A

pscarlett,

your 34 im 25. Age doesnt matter. What matters is I dont know you from Adam. What also matters is I was not listening in on the phone convo nor was I close by to witness it.
It is there for I have had to put the ( IF indeed it is true ) as I cannot say that what has been said is or is not true.

I am not here to say people are telling lies. No not by a long shot. I am simply not jumping into a band wagon when I have no proof.

So please dont feel the need to explain yourself to me, to be honest yes I care, why dont know just call me a caring person. Although I know better and I know you werent having a go at me, had I not been in my current state of mind I would have read things differently ( eg a couple of weeks ago ).

For the most part I am actually backing you up and am actually voiving my thoughts on what is and is not acceptable.

Anyway enough. Im off.

Regards,
N/A

Well that is me gone as of the 30th I am out of here.

So long and thanks for all the fish Tongue
N/A

I Think its time to call it a day with this ISP, I Just have to stay till Feb and my Contract runs out . Then i am off to a Proper ISP with no Throttling and CAPS.
N/A

It would seem the biggest problem is the apparent attitude of people in customer service, or dis service. From what I read some are helpful, some are not. I had a problem on December 28th and telephoned customer service. This was handled quickly and a basic line check was made. 2 hours later I was telephoned to tell me of the results. I cannot ask for better, in this practical world. I speak as I find, dont worry i will complain if needed. The thing is, this is not the first time I have had good customer service.
N/A

Customer Support have been very polite and courteous whenevr I have contacted them. But then politeness is a two way thing and on the telephone emotions and feelings can only be carried by tone of voice. With contact us it is much the same way of communication very limited expression of feeling unless words are chosen succintly. Always the best form of communication is face to face. Therefore, allowances must be made both ways over the phone etc. Another litle thought for peace and harmony in the world. Cheesy
tcs2000
Grafter

I'm finding this very interesting reading!
Been with Plusnet since June and only had a major problem first time I connnected up but that was sorted out quickly and efficiently.
I am noticing a poorer customer service now though.
Had a problem in getting ADSL after I left PC for a while.I've sussed out it was due to this 20 minute cutoff they've introduced.
CS told me to check filters and connect to master socket in bedroom (I'm runnning off ext in lounge).
This meant carting everything into bedroom.Connected up and it worked.
Took it back into lounge and it worked ok again.
Had same problem next day (after leaving unattended for 30 mins).Couldn't get ADSL on the line.
Switched off PC, unplugged telephone and modem cable, left for 10 mins, connected up and all was well again.
Now why couldn't tech support has suggested this to me in the 1st place!!
It was nothing to do with filters or ext box or cable.
Also noticing slower download speeds.Funny that as I've been downloading more recently (5gb so far this week).
My average usage is about 10-15gb a month.
One final thing is when I phoned up I kept getting a message saying "star is not a recognised option" and I hadn't even touched a key!
Come on Plusnet...time to get your act together.
Community Veteran

I too have had no problems what so ever, except when I first joined with the random disconnections. Always gettin fast speeds for well seeded torrents and good P2P downloads, after all you can only go as fast as the slowest connection in the link between you and what you are getting or sending.

I have found PN to be much better than my previous ISP Wanadoo in terms of speeds and customer service and don't believe I will be lieaving anytime soon