cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodbye & good luck to those still sticking it out

N/A

After 7 days of dial up speeds for which I have received no explanation for & rudeness from the CS team I'm off.

I called the CS team today as I was told to by them two days ago to check on the progress of my query. On calling I was greeted by a representative who refused to check on the staus of my query with the network team. Even though I informed him that it was his very own dept who told me to do this. (I was also given the old "we have no telephone contact with the network team." Then why tell me to call back in two days & say that you'd chase them up while I held on the phone.)

After being told that hash I asked to speak to a CS supervisor, the representative refused to put me through to one. After informing him that I had every right to speak to someone higher he finally approached the supervisor who informed him that he would not speak to me at all.

Now bearing in mind I am currently paying £39.99 a month for 16hrs a day of dial up & have exceeded no limits I asked for my MAC key.

I've put up with the goal posts being constantly moved & the lack of or should I say no formal notification of changes to service. The lag issues on online gaming etc.. etc... But PN's attitude over the last week has been enough to test the patience of a saint.

It's probably safe to say that between now & my migration period they'll make no attempt to correct their cock up because after all they don't give a damm. If they did they would have been a hell of a lot more polite & not given me the run around & continually lie.

To Carl N thanks for all your help with trying to sort out my online gaming issues. If only the rest of the PN staff were as helpful, prompt & patient as you PN might still have my custom.

Good bye & good luck to those of you who are still sticking it out.

I really do hope you see light at the end of the tunnel.
92 REPLIES
michaelscott
Grafter

I'm starting to get fed up, too. Time to get off this ship before it sinks.
N/A

Thing is the constant changes have been cheesing me off but the attitude of the CS team over the last week really broke the straw.

I'm paying £39.99 a month for a service from these people. I don't expect to be treated like dirt & lied to everytime I call. It's just not on.

It's quite clear from their attitude that they couldn't really care whether any of us stay or go so good luck to them.
N/A

Good luck with your new ISP, i`m sure PN is a sitting duck and just about everyone will leave ASAP.
N/A

im off this month too
Alecto
Grafter

Well I've not even asked for my MAC, so I feel left out.
I wonder if I'm missing something. :lol:
N/A

I haven't had any problems, don't know what the fuss is all about...
N/A

leebown,

You've been here all of 5 minutes. It will be interesting to see what you think of Plusnet in 8 to 12 months.
N/A

I am off as well. Like original poster. Fed up with CS staff attitude on tickets as well as on the phone. My Usenet was kept at a crawl, like many others here. I was accused of going over limits and would be re set on next billing date. I have been away for over 2 weeks so I know they are wrong, but as they are Gods what can I say. I received my MAC and what do you know, my service is running at full speed. My billing date is not until 6 January.

I would like to think I would come back when they are sorted out, but not with the attitude and the lack of knowledge of their own system.
N/A

leebown,
You've been here all of 5 minutes. It will be interesting to see what you think of Plusnet in 8 to 12 months.

I have been with them for a good number of years, and I like "leebown" are not having any problems.
N/A

Well it is good you are not having any problems, but that does not mean there is not a problem.

When all this started with P2P. Loads of people moaned about their complaining. Then it effected Usenet users, now it is FTP. Guess what is comming next. Gamers, HTTP, even email. Maybe then when it effects you, you will notice the problem.

[Moderator's note by Mark (pcsni): Full quote of preceeding post removed as it is unnecesary and against the forum rules]
N/A

They want the profitable low users. They're quite happy to see the heavy users out the door.
N/A

leebown,

To some extent I agree with deangrant. Yes you have been with Plusnet now for 2 weeks nearly, but this is not nearly long enough in which to discover faults ( not natural ones ).

However

deangrant,

You cannot factually state that anyone else will see the same problems as you. It is both factually incorrect and in a sense jumpping the gun to do so.

Yes CSC will probably have been on edge over the past week or so, this could be or might have something to do with christmas. But please dont quote me on that. Now while I agree that for an ISP having staff working during christmas is a must for issues to be resolved I dont believe that things must and will be business as useual. Please remember that the staff that work for Plusnet are human beings too and do also have families that would like to see them them during christmas.

I think it is always a hard balance to strike over the festive period, keeping a 24/7 support center going and allowing staff to have a festive season I mean.

But although however tough this may be, I do not think that it is fair for ANY member of staff ( if what has been said is indeed true ) to become disrespectful with a customer, potential customer, a co-worker etc etc.
To become disrectful with a customer only shows that the person in the responsible position ( the CSC Rep) is not worthy enough and not qualified enough to be in such a role.

Anyway, my thoughts are that every party has to give a little and take a little too. We cant always have what we want when we want it and we also need to take into account the time of year before jumping to conclusions.

Regards,
N/A

You cannot factually state that anyone else will see the same problems as you. It is both factually incorrect and in a sense jumpping the gun to do so.

I did not say they will see the same problems. I am glad, not all people are affected. I am just stating that there is a problem and it has to be addressed. I have addressed it by taking my business elsewhere. The restrictions are affecting more and more people all the time and the restrictions are changing all the time.

There is talk about P2P being guised as HTTPS. As you say I cannot predict what Plusnet will do if that should happen, but history tells a story.

I personally do not like the ticket system. It is always short answers and usually the whole problem is not addressed or sometimes ignored. As for the phone, yes I have had answers to problems, but I have also had to explain to CS staff about the changes that have been made.

I have no wish to turn this into a slagging off Plusnet. I am not happy with the service and leaving. It is a shame because it was good. By the way I am not a big user, even though I was accused of it.
N/A

Sorry,

I phrased this a little incorrectly and thus giving the wrong meaning to others.
What was meant to be implied was that although you are having problems and such you cannot state that another person will see problems.
I know you havent made any such statement etc however one reply you have left leans a slight bit in that direction.

Anyway, all left aside, I am sorry you are having problems and sorry to hear that you will be departing us.
I hope that everything will go well for you in the future. Smiley

Regards,