cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good service

N/A

Good service

Earlier, I noticed that my router was synching at 2Mb, so I assumed that I had had my free upgrade (although samknows was showing it wasn't due until September).

I did a couple of speed tests, which were still showing around 500Kbps, so I raised a ticket asking for the throttle to be removed.

This was done within 40 minutes of raising the ticket, and I am now surfing away at 1900Kbps according to the speed test.

Nice one - thanks for the quick turnaround.

Cheesy
3 REPLIES
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

Good service

Well done you... but it raises a question for me. If you don't have a router is there a way of knowing it's been done?

I asked a while ago when I discovered that one of my referrals on the same exchange had gone to 2Mb but didn't realise that you had to ask PlusNet to 'remove the throttle :?: '

I also posted the report on the exchange which seemed to suggest it had all been done but I'm still on 1Mb.

Do I have to pay the £14.99 to find out?
Community Veteran

Good service

Go to the excange checker on usertools and enter your phone number then click on the bottom option in the info box that appears.
This will give you the Month when you DSLAM is due to have the update started.
Then do the same but enter your Mates phone Number and see if he is on the same DSLAM as you.
If he is then raise a Link:Contact us ticket to query it.
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

Good service

Thanks again John - checked as you suggested and yes, we're both on the same one Cheesy Cheesy