cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good early signs - new customer

N/A

I've just moved from a cable area to a non cable area so I decided to go with PlusNet for my first ADSL broadband experience. Sign up to online took 6 days (Thurs - Wed) and so far I have been happy with the product. Download speeds were fast last night and I averaged 246k/sec from MS this morning so overall I am very happy. I have read a lot on the forum here and know there are some disgruntled people so I will reserve judgement for the time being but for my first journey into ADSL I think I have made the right choice with PlusNet for my needs.
17 REPLIES
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Welcome to Plusnet!

Glad to hear you're enjoying the service!
N/A

No Broadband yet

I wish my experience was as good as yours Donka. I signed up with Plusnet in late June in preparation for our local exchange to go broadband on July 13th. This was then delayed by BT until 20th July (no word from Plusnet about it).. I am still not connected!!. My order was placed again by Plusnet on 21st July. People in my village have been getting their broadband for well over a week now - via BT, AOL & Onetel ISPs, but still no date of activation from Plusnet despite phone calls and ticket updates. I've even tried calling BT, but they just refer me to my ISP.
It seems to me that Plusnet are way down the pecking order so far as BT is concerned and are thus unable to pressure BT into action. :x Cry
Metalguru
Grafter

Welcome to Plusnet!

Glad to hear you're enjoying the service!

Hi DONKA.

As a "User" I'd like to echo Ben's words.

Don't pay too much attention to the disgruntled amongst us.
It is my personal view that there are varying degrees of DISGRUNTLEDNESS.

The +net disgruntled, only experience a relatively low level of disgruntledness.

Far lower than some of those users on on AOL and Tiscali.

Trust me, I have been with them both though I was with Tiscali when it was called Freeserve (if I have got the names right).

Also, anyone with a military background will know, that the moment your soldiers stop moaning, is the moment you have a really big problem.

PLUSNET
Does exactly what it says on the tin (if you ignore the "unlimited" bit).
N/A

Trust me
sounds like a PN phrase. Don't worry as a new customer you will be looked after, just be carefull once you have been here for a while.
Spuddy
Grafter

Just ask yourself this question:
Why are all the moaners and whingers still here?
If the grass was really greener on the other side then why aren't they there instead?
Some people aren't happy unless they're having a moan, they've heard it makes them live longer!
N/A

Because many people are locked into a 12 month contract and unlike other many isp's the activation fee (£58.50) is now reduced over three yeras not after the first year.

I suggest many people are waiting till PN change the T&C's so they can leave without paying the remainder of their contract.

I would also suggest that people have given PN time to rethink thier policies towards exsisting customers and as time passes I suspect many more people will leave after giving up. Also without these "moaners and whingers" everyone will be taken in by marketing and sales talk.
Spuddy
Grafter

Most of the hardcore whingers have been here longer than a year and are well out of their contract.
If others are giving "PN time to rethink thier policies" then they'e obviously not that convinced that they'd be better off elsewhere.
N/A

Just ask yourself this question:
If the grass was really greener on the other side then why aren't they there instead?
Some people aren't happy unless they're having a moan, they've heard it makes them live longer!

maybe the moaners and the whingers actually rate plusnet, maybe they just dont agree with plusnet ripping customers off.

now where is this email?
Spuddy
Grafter

Ah I see, moaners and whingers with morals and integrity.
Most amusing.
N/A

dont want to cause an arguement m8 but when u have been with plusnet a long time u get to know how shady they are

but saying that their service is good - just the lies and the think after doing it policy stinks and the standard text book answers they throw at you dont wash no more.
N/A

Perhaps they want to get their own back on PN
Perhaps they think the industry needs to settle before moving, some people don't like moving others have not got the time to change all that needs changing.
I can think of others if you want them.
Perhaps we hope against hope that PN will once more be the customer centred good ISP it was when you and I joined, not the mess it is now.
Spuddy
Grafter

You've obviously never meen anyhere else "m8".
They all spurt the same crap and excuses but the overall customer satisfaction and quality of service at PN is high and that is what we are talking about here.
If it's that bad why are you still here after four years?
N/A

Why are all the moaners and whingers still here?!

All tied into long term contracts?
N/A

I been other places don't worry, seen many good ISP's go down like PN have done and I waste me finger skin about why I'm here.