cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good and Bad: Here it is from a Premier 1 Customer

N/A

Having just received a formal warning for making "many posts" that are "less than constructive" I have decided to concentrate the good and the bad all in one thread from me to PlusNet. Afterall, PN say:

Customer feedback is very important to us, and we welcome all of it – good and bad.

I have been with F9/PN for in excess of 4-5 years. I had been a happy customer up until sometime after April 2005 when things gradually started to change for the worse. Product names changed slightly, "peak" and "off-peak" were introduced, allownaces were introduced, allowances were reduced, etc.

Anyway, I remained quite happy for months and months thinking, "that's fair enough", and "they're a good ISP they know what they're doing".

Of course, as the speeds began to drop, and I started to get warning emails about using too much bandwidth before I'd even crossed the 60 per cent mark, I started to get annoyed.

What has REALLY annoyed me is that Premier is nothing like the product I signed up for less than two years go.

Two years ago I could use IRC/DCC as I pleased.

Two years ago I could FTP without fear of time-outs.

Two years ago I could do P2P without too much bother.

Two years ago I could rely on PN/F9 email.

Two years ago I didn't have to think about throttling.

Two years ago I knew that if something wasnt working it was probably not PN's fault.

Two years ago I had confidence in PN.

Two years ago I trusted and believed what PN told me.

Fast forward to today and none of the above now apply. Today, PlusNet suck. Yes, you read that right, you suck. I don't mean "you" as in individuals, I mean "you" the "company".

PN suck for various reasons, but they all boil down to a fundamental lack of concern for the customer.

I've made about 250 posts on this forum in the last couple of months (the period in which I have got really sick and tired of it all) as a result of finding the forum after getting fobbed off yet again by the PN ticket system.

I've asked numerous questions, but very rarely have I received what I would deem to be an adequate answer.

That's not an attack on the PN people who post on here. Rather, it is just pointing out that PN don't know what they're doing any more.

For example, PN have no idea what the latest Ellacoya fix is actually for. Indeed, it doesn't even seem to have fixed anything.

Furthermore, it strikes me that PN have resorted to "resolving" problems raised on here by simply making reference to the "product design" (something we as consumers are not aware of when signing up) or else rely on the good old "it only says UP TO" excuse.

It also sickens me that there is STILL no clear list of what the Ellacoyas do to specific things. The rubbish page that does exist detailing traffic management is basic and largely unhelpful.

If you knew what was going on you'd post a list of which ports are classified as what and so on, but you don't; and I suspect you don't because you don't know.

When anything vaguely technical is raised in a ticket it gets forwarded to the blackhole that is "Networks". I daresay they do help people with specific problems, but when someone simply wants to know some information, nothing comes back, at least not in a timely fashion.

Then there are all the PUG Video Interviews and the PlusNet newsletters that do nothing but infuritate those of us who have come to realise that the reason things are slow and break is not down to us, but down to PN.

A friend of mine recently had some bother with a PN connection he had setup for a relative. She was getting terrible performance despite the fact she never uses more than 50MB a month. Now, how can THAT be a decent level of service?! And no, it wasn't a BT problem.

Then there were the LLUed people who were moved over without so much as an email message. What do they do now that they are on LLU and want to leave?! That's right, they have to cough up more than those of us with the know-how to opt-out of LLU altogether.

Anyway, having received a warning on here, I'm not really fussed. I don't think anything I've said has offended anyone and I don't think I've been "unhelpful". furthermore, while I will soon stop posting here (when I leave PN very soon) I shall continue to advise friends, colleagues, et al. to avoid PlusNet.

Finally, I appreciate what you have been trying to do with the Ellacoya system, but you did it ALL wrong. You didn't tell us what you were going to do. You didn't offer us options. You didn't advise us of things to consider changing. You just switched it on and watched as we all thought we had problems our end.

I look forward to moving to my new ISP - which just provides an internet service without arbitrarily and randomly slowing it down, blocking things, shaping things, changing the goal posts every week, etc.

So, that was the good and the bad. Admittedly 99% of the 'good' has disappeared over the last two years, but you said you wanted to hear the bad, so there it is.
77 REPLIES
N/A

Hear hear! Couldn't agree more
N/A

who is your new ISP? I am considering Be.
N/A

i was considering tiscali but looks like i may go with Bethere.co.uk just waiting for my mac key.... just wondering how many people plusNet going to lose over this...
N/A

Hi rnetworks,

I couldn't agree more. The way Plusnet treats customers now is atrocious. The final straw for me was that they lost all my mail between Thursday and yesterday and no one even bothered to apologise! I've been with Plusnet for 5 years now and have just received my MAC, I've already chosen my new provider and will be gone soon.
N/A

who is your new ISP? I am considering Be.

Entanet - though they only accept home customers through resellers, such as Vivaciti, UKFSN, ADSL24, etc. I would look at Be, but they're not due in my exchange for another 6-9 months.
N/A

Re: Good and Bad: Here it is from a Premier 1 Customer

Having just received a formal warning for making "many posts" that are "less than constructive"

I hate the way the mods on this board go about their sneaky ways... Why not post warnings on what is supposed to be an open forum instead of PMing a customer?

I was under the impression that the mods were impartial but it seems that once elected, or not in the last two appointments, they become power mad and are unduly influenced by PlusNet comms team.

Mods, if you have a problem with a customers posting style please post on the open forum.
N/A

PlusNet is in meltdown. They place the blame on the industry, BT, heaven and hell before themselves.

However, you only have to look at the main ADSL communities to find people breathing a collective sigh of relief when they've left PN to join a more reliable company.

I want my charges waived - and the recent change in Ofcom regs that come into force today make that a definite reality.
N/A

Smiley I had a Plusnet Home Premiere Account last year. I spent most of my time moaning on these forums as it never worked. Leaving Plusnet was the best thing I ever did.

Since leaving I've been able to use browse and download at nearly the full speed of my connection.

I would say to anyone who has experienced months of misery at Plusnet to leave and get a decent ISP. We just have Plusnet at work now but I might even ditch this account too in favour of BE.
N/A

Hi guys,

Can I just remind you that the customer support forum isnt the place to be discussing alternate ISP's and their offerings. If you wish to discuss such thing could you kindly use the 'Everything Internet' forum for this.
I dont have a problem with the OP as it is afterall feedback, but I am a little concerned at the number of follow posts appearing discussing the options of other ISP's. If this line of discussion continues I will lock this thread, which is something I am not really in a mood to do.

Thanks.
N/A

Hi guys,

Can I just remind you that the customer support forum isnt the place to be discussing alternate ISP's and their offerings. If you wish to discuss such thing could you kindly use the 'Everything Internet' forum for this.

Hi Tom,

The way I see it is that it is customer and potential customer support. Smiley Plusnet have treated long term customers very badly and it is in their customers interests to know this.

Myself, after 5 years I'm moving to UKFSN, who seem to have a much better idea of customer service (like Plusnet used to have).
N/A

Hi Hopes,

Non the less this doesnt change the fact that this forum is designed for custoemr support with issues with PlusNet. And as such my previous statement stands.

As ive said I havent got a problem with the discussion of alternate ISP's, but this will have to take place in a more appropriate forum, ie 'everything Internet'.
Neil_A
Grafter

Two years ago I could use IRC/DCC as I pleased.

Two years ago I could FTP without fear of time-outs.

Two years ago I could do P2P without too much bother.

Two years ago I could rely on PN/F9 email.

Two years ago I didn't have to think about throttling.

Two years ago there were 5 million fewer broadband lines
Two years ago the average speed of broadband was around 500k
Two years ago CBC was only just making a difference
Two years ago the average price of broadband was £25-30, now it's £15-20
Two years ago no ISP had a FUP and no-one had heard of shaping
Two years ago only a small % of people had heard of P2P
Two years ago no-one had heard of YouTube
Two years ago only a couple of hundred thousand people had an iPod
Two years ago LLU was an irrelevance
Two years ago Sky, Orange, TalkTalk, O2, Vodafone hadn't entered the market
Two years ago Nildram, Eclipse, F2S, Metronet, Easynet and PlusNet to name only a few were independent companies

Guess what, the world has changed and it's going to keep on changing and it will look totally different again in two years time. Anything that worked two years ago in any tech industry is almost certainly not fit for purpose anymore.
lank111
Grafter

i have been a happy customer for a number of years, dont get me wrong, i have had my fair share of problems!
a number of which were plusnets fault, which they said was BT's.....

So why on earch, sell the company to BTHuh??
oh yes, i forget, a get rich quick idea for the shareholders! meny of which work for plusnet.....

So its quids in for all, apart from the customers!!

Things are changing, for the worse.......

Yes, i agree, the service is de-grading over time!

I will be monitoring my connection carfully over the coming months... any more problems, i will be trading my connection for one that works!

why oh why plusnet? u have dug ur own grave!
N/A

Guess what, the world has changed and it's going to keep on changing and it will look totally different again in two years time. Anything that worked two years ago in any tech industry is almost certainly not fit for purpose anymore.

There is one thing that shouldn't change. Decent customer service. Something Plusnet have become quite lacking of recently. An inability to be honest and confusion over what is really happening seems to rule customer service at the moment.

That is why I'm leaving along with the lost e-mail, poor speeds etc. A little while ago you said give us a while things are going to change. Well they haven't very much have they?