cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going Going Gone

mjtuohy
Grafter

Going Going Gone

I have requested my Mac today. The charging for support was the last straw. Am going to try the n/c talk talk. I know a lot of the more experienced pep's on this forum have poo pooed it but you never know. After all, if it is no good I can allways return to +net . Or another BT reseller. Another old boy gone. (shame)
18 REPLIES
N/A

Going Going Gone

Not sure that's the case ... TalkTalk have put an 18 month contract on their broadband.

Although I wonder how they'd enforce that ... will they make you pay the outstanding months if you leave early (at £0 per month, that would seem a bit pointless).

Good luck and let us know how it goes ... I think I'm not far behind you !
N/A

Going Going Gone

PN are not charging for support.

What is happening is:-

0845 support: remaining as is,
Ticket system: remaining as is,
A new number for the (no offence) numpty type questions like my widget doesn't work with my [fill in the blank].
N/A

Going Going Gone

Not sure that's the case ... TalkTalk have put an 18 month contract on their broadband.

Although I wonder how they'd enforce that ... will they make you pay the outstanding months if you leave early (at £0 per month, that would seem a bit pointless).

It's not £0/month though, they're charging quite a bit to get the "free" broadband. Infact I think they're charging more for someone outside of the LLU footprint of 1000 exchanges, than it's costing a lot of PlusNet customers on the lowest BT bill with a £14.99 (or even £21.99 account) with PlusNet. Yes you might get a lot more (unlimited?) minutes for calls on TalkTalk and a few other features, but it's certainly not "£0 per month" - despite what's being said on the news.
N/A

Going Going Gone

I don't think i am going to be far behind you, i can't believe im seriously considering leaving plusnet, but i actually am.

This truely used to be the best isp in this country bar none, it is so very sad how it has all degraded so steadily over the last few months.
mjtuohy
Grafter

Going Going Gone

Hi rixon. The thing is when money is tight ,as with most people the saving of about £20 a month is somethinf that you have to think very very hard about.
N/A

Going Going Gone

To take up the offer punters must subscribe to Carphone's TalkTalk fixed line phone service. For £9.99 a month, punters get unlimited local and national landline calls, unlimited international landline calls to 28 countries and up to 8 meg broadband access. In addition to the monthly fee, customers are also faced with paying a monthly line rental charge of £11.00. The total cost of line rental, calls and broadband is just £20.99 a month.

Some info from theregister on the TT Charges.
mjtuohy
Grafter

Going Going Gone

Just recieved my Mac code .15 mins. (Is it something I said ). Feel like i am not wanted so will go.
N/A

Going Going Gone

why are some people getting their MAC's so quickly and I've been waiting for 17 hours now :roll:
chrisco
Grafter

Going Going Gone

Hi All,

Could you please point me to any link where it says about the new support no, presumably premium rate, as I for one have problems with me widget from time to time but I wouldn't class myself as a numpty, bit short sighted maybe as I can't find anything that refers to it. Shocked

Regards, Chris Cole
N/A

Going Going Gone

Actually ... I was referring to moving ISP ... I realise they have a 12 month contract for the phone service at £9.99 + £11 BT line rental ... which you couldn't escape.

But the Broadband T&C's state that you're locked in for 18months ... not a problem if you're not paying extra, but if the service is poor, you can't just migrate to another ISP (because of the 18month tie in). I suspect you could negotiate to keep your Talk3 pack going, but move ISP ... but this is speculation.

As for the £10 for non-LLU ... well, NONE of the original subscribers will be on LLU initially, but I don't see any mention of any charges other than the original £30 starting fee ... perhaps that's to cover 3 months ?
mjtuohy
Grafter

Going Going Gone

Tried to log on to the Talk Talk broadband site but it was not having it. There must be so many people joining. I think I will wait a bit and study the form for a week or so. ( Sometimes better the devil you know.)
mjtuohy
Grafter

Going Going Gone

Got onto talk talk site £20.99 per month for everething can't be bad. Good by
chrisco
Grafter

Going Going Gone

Hello again, could the OP tell me where it says about having to pay for support? ( Or anyone that knows).

Chris Cole
robbynudd
Grafter

Going Going Gone