cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Go back to Plus?

robingoodall
Dabbler

Go back to Plus?

So I'm one of many that switched to PAYG (2gb) to get away from last months Plus speed issues.

Have these issues now been resolved and should I return to Plus?

This would give me a 4gb limit instead of 2gb (and the risk of having to pay more), and longer off-peak hours (I believe).
8 REPLIES
N/A

Go back to Plus?

I guess the answer to that is with another question- what do you want to use your connection for?
robingoodall
Dabbler

Go back to Plus?

I should have made that clear.

Just need general browsing, occasional download and VPN/Remote Desktop to work. But no P2P, Torrent, USENET, etc.
N/A

Go back to Plus?

With the exception of VPN you should be fine on Broadband Plus- that fills well with the product description. Most people will recommended either Premier or PAYG if you rely on your VPN for work though.
James
Grafter

Go back to Plus?

Hiya,

VPN could be argued as not being suitable for Broadband Plus usage, but if it is being used on the occasional basis rather than all of the time, I can't see any reason why you shouldn't move back.
robingoodall
Dabbler

Go back to Plus?

james, are you confirming that BB+ is now back to the performance of last year (rather than last month)?

I assume that if I do decided to swap back then I can use the portals 'upgrade' wizard: https://portal.plus.net/upgrade_process.html
(and at no cost)?

Thanks
Robin
James
Grafter

Go back to Plus?

Robin,

If you're on a standard Broadband PAYG account, then there would be no charge to move to Broadband Plus.

As for the performance, it was almost deadly quiet in here last week, so I would suggest that performance is at an acceptable level.
Community Veteran

Go back to Plus?

hmm, Robin - is PAYG currently working for you? Have you ever exceeded the 2GB limit or come close to doing so? If it's working for you I would advise against moving back to plus. PAYG is plusnet's best product and even if plus is working now if PAYG works for you I see no reason to change - if it aint broke don't fix it Smiley
N/A

Go back to Plus?

Hi Robin,
As a BB+ user i would have to say that for me BB+ is now working as well, if not better than it has for a long time.
If you find the 4GB allowance and much shorter peak hours more to your liking then i would have no hesitation in recommending switching back to plus.
When it works as it's supposed to its a perfectly good product, and currently it is working as it's supposed to, for me at least.