cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gnutella Network Problems?

BoneMan
Grafter

Is anyone else having issues connecting to the Gnutella P2P network (Limewire/Frostwire clients)? I'm not talking about download speed here, just general connectivity. Up 'til about a week ago I got good connectivity to the network although downloads themselves were often slow. Now I struggle to even get a connection at all and when I do the "strength" goes up and down like a yo-yo.

Wonder if this is some "fallout" from the recent Ellacoya updates?

BTW, I'm on Premier 1 and have tried both in and out of peak time with no noticeable difference ':?'
Regards,

Ray.
3 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

I've never used Gnutella so can't make any general suggestions, but I've not noticed anyone else reporting problems. Looking at the traffic graphs there's no real change in the volume of Gnutella traffic on the network. Best speeds are overnight, peaking around 6am, have you tried it overnight to see if it's any better?
AndyR
Grafter

Hi

I have also noticed a connection problem with my P2P BitTorrent. Plenty of seeds and peers but only a few get connected.
It may be coincidence but before the changes to the ellacoya software in December there were no problems getting connections.
Speed - slower than ever; all well documented but the connecting peers and seeds is new to me. I have changed to uTorrent and tried to schedule off peak. Well seeded torrents run very slowly from mid-morning - network getting busy.

regards
Andrew
Heroes episode 16 out this morning...
BoneMan
Grafter

Hi All,
have you tried it overnight to see if it's any better?
Not yet Wink . However, I've have done some other tests and it's beginning to look like a problem with the latest version of Limewire (v 4.12.11). I tried on another machine on my network using Frostwire and that (eventually) started to work as well as I have come to expect. Think I'll change all my machines over from Limewire to Frostwire and see if that fixes it.

Regards,

Ray.