cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gmail ?

silvercliff
Grafter

Gmail ?

Has any one tried Gmail as I am thinking of changing my email system from PlusNet to Googles? Because of all the trouble I have been getting!
Ideas :idea: please.
10 REPLIES
csogilvie
Grafter

Gmail ?

I have a gmail account which I use for some things, but I wouldn't use it as my main account. In my opinion, it's not all it was hyped up to be <shrug>
N/A

Gmail ?

One good thing with Gmail - All the spam I've received has always gone into the spam folder - I've never seen a single piece of spam in my inbox!
N/A

Gmail ?

Been using Gmail for about 6 months now, recommend highly as i have never had a problem with it. And like Plusnet's email system, i always receive my emails.
SimonJDay
Grafter

Gmail ?

I've been a gmail user for a year+. Would recommend it to everyone (and have done!) It's been my main email account for a long time.
N/A

Gmail ?

BTW i have some invites spare (3) so if you PM me i will invite you. First come, first served basis.
N/A

Gmail ?

Same here, gmail is brilliant. About 1 spam per week gets through to my inbox, with hundreds being filtered. No need for whitelists or anything like that.

I have been using it for over a year too.
swapmeetpete
Grafter

Gmail ?

I switched over to Gmail during the mail problems in September and haven't gone back. It's fast and very flexible, both as pop mail or web mail. Can't fault it.

rgds Mark
Teatime
Grafter

Gmail ?

Another nice thing about a Gmail account is that you can use the space as a virtual drive using this shell extension: http://www.viksoe.dk/code/gmail.htm
N/A

Gmail ?

I have a gmail account which I use for some things, but I wouldn't use it as my main account. In my opinion, it's not all it was hyped up to be <shrug>

I now use gmail for everything important - including my main work email address.
I love it.
In my opinion it is everything that it was hyped up to be....with bells and whistles too.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Gmail ?

Hi all,

On a kind of related note, I often see the topic of authenticated SMTP crop up.

As some may know we don't offer this as yet however with a bit of messing around it can be achieved using a gmail account and your Plusnet address:-

Using the instructions here, add your Plusnet email as a valid from address.

Enable POP forwarding in gmails settings and set up your mail client to send and receive email using this account. Make sure your from address is your Plusnet email.

Setup a redirect here to redirect all your PlusNet email to the new GMail address.

This allows you to send and receive from any location with the impression that this is being done using your Plusnet account.

Whilst on the topic of gmail I thought I'd drop that in incase it's of any use to people Smiley

Kind Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵