cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Given wrong MAC Code! Now got it I'm OFF!

N/A

Just about sums it up really!

Trying to go to NewNet
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Are you perhaps on an LLU line now. If so, LLU MACs are different to those for IPstream and not many ISPs support LLU -> IPstream migration or recognise LLU MACs at the moment.
N/A

No, LLU not on my exchange.

I think they have given me the PN ticket number instead of the MAC code, I think it must a "cut and paste" issue - very frustrating!
Community Veteran

In which case no MAC code could be generated by BTW if there is an existing order or cease on the line.

If the MAC you were given is all numeric then its not a MAC.
N/A

Yes, all numbers!
N/A

Come on Support, this morning I had the wrong code in less than an hour.

I have been awaiting an answer to my ticket since 1515 this afternoon, I'm sure my MAC code is easy to find.
N/A

Got the right code now, another quality issue
N/A

Ahh it's nice out here!

My service started yesterday with Newnet, raised a ticket re whether my line would be retrained, got a reply within 4 hours, asked for clarification on a point, reply within 15 minutes.

Nice!

Tonight I had to fess up to one of my referee(s) my mum, that I had left PN behind, she rang me to find out why she couldn't get her e-mail. She commented on how slow her connection was etc, etc, etc. I'm promised a call from my step-dad later about migrating....ho hum

Only 2 others to tell, although they are still in first year with PN.
N/A

Thought I'd drop by to see if things had improved over at PN.

Things at NewNet are still great, they allowed me to downgrade my connection to 2MB from PN's botched "lets move everyone to 8MB" disaster, as my line clearly wasn't up to 8MB.

Have really good speeds at 2MB, all I really wanted, but PN ignored my request to go back to where I was.

Very happy I have a 1 month contract, I think it keeps them on there toes!

Anyone worried about moving, don't be.