Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give The Plus Net Team A Break

Pathfinder
Grafter

Cmon People

It's Christmas, season of goodwill and all that. I work in I.T. myself and know what it is like when things go bang big time. I know it is a hassle and like most of you I have been waiting for email for two days but at least they are keeping us informed.

Do you really think the support team wanted this type of headache and at this time of year to boot? I'm sure there are some really stressed plus net support people who are having a pap time of it at the moment and the bad feeling only adds to it.

Go get another beer, get the Christmas films out, keep an eye on the updates and relax if you can.

Seasons Greetings to all of you.
10 REPLIES
N/A

Season of goodwill does apply to everyone...

They should show goodwill to their customers by not charging them for the last few days.
N/A

Sad Hi

I have some sympathy witht your view as I have been happy with PlusNet for a long time now and have brought a lot of my friends to the party.

However, this time of year is one when we all spend extra time on our computers and need a reliable service.

Are PlusNet under attack from the BB defectors? If so, it should have been foreseen. Is any one also getting drop-outs from their Broadband connection (as I am) as well as all the other problems?
N/A

Give them a break ?

Well they've already given us one haven't they ? ...

A TOTAL BREAK IN OUR INCOMING EMAIL FOR 3 DAYS ...

Isn't 1 break enough already Huh?

John Balmer
N/A

*yawn*

moan moan moan

It really surprises me how many 'IT professionals' there seems to be whose email is 'mission critical' at the quietest time of the year.

Surely if email was so important to you, you would do what others do and run your own email server, it's not expensive and it's not difficult.

For the cheapskates, you can easily register your own domain for peanuts and then use mailforwarding to forward the mail to whever you like. This has the added bonus that when you throw a hissy-fit with PlusNet (or no doubt your next ISP, and the one after etc etc etc) you can redirect your mail to the new address provided by your ISP.

You'd also live ten years longer from saving yourself getting all worked up!
N/A

One problem there with +net, I can't see any way of setting up an automatic forward for emails....
N/A

No, what you do is register a domain, say foorbar.co.uk with a registrar, like www.ukreg.com, then you tell ukreg.com to forward all of your emails to usenamr@plus.com, it's a free service that many registrars provide. Then when you go off to annoy BT, you go back to ukreg and tell it to now start forwarding to username@btopenworld.com. Simple, sweet, and surefire.
glyndev
Grafter

A TOTAL BREAK IN OUR INCOMING EMAIL FOR 3 DAYS ...

FYI it has not been a "total break" as you call it. It is only main mailboxes that have not been working. I have 3 accounts with a total of 9 sub boxes. For 90% of the time that there have been problems I have been receiving email without problem from these boxes.

Ok most people do not work over xmas thus they spend more time on the pc. most likely the +net techs were not at work but on call just in case something like this happens, and lets face it S!*$ happens. Think that their xmas time off may well have been bu99ered due to having to go in to sort out the problems.

I have sympathy with them having had to work over xmas myself ensuring that people can get petrol at any time (24hrs a day) over xmas.

If you think that your xmas has been spoilt just think of millions around the indian ocean that have had their lives devastated. and you are so hard done by because you cant access email for 48 hours.
N/A

It really surprises me how many 'IT professionals' there seems to be whose email is 'mission critical' at the quietest time of the year.

Emails are not just for 'IT professionals' to receive their 'mission critical' emails from NASA.

I was looking forward to receiving emails with photos of my daughter who is currently thousands of miles away from me. Cry

I can appreciate that problems do occur every so often. Nothing and nobody is perfect. However the lack of information provided by Plus.net is ridiculous... It seemed like Alfie Moon left his kid brother Spencer in charge of the Plus.net pub.
N/A

Of course it is not just for IT professionals. I'm sure everybody would like to receive their Xmas pics and news from family etc etc, but is it really going to matter if it arrives 36 hours late?

If you're like me with family many thousands of miles away, you called them on Xmas Day in any event.

It's not the end of the world, but looking through some of these threads, people are nearly going to have a heart attack. I am saying if email is so important, then set up a different way of doing things, like I outlined, and then you don't have to worry about it.

ISPs have problems from time to time, it's the nature of the beast. Some of the big ones even have problems all the time (without wanting to mention names).
N/A

I just cant see why everyone is having a go at Plusnet. It happened, its fixed and all is well.

Just get on with your lives and take it on the chin.