cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting stable rate to change?

aeroalfie
Grafter

I am constantly synced above 7meg - 95% of the time at full wack 8.1 yet my stable rate is stuck at 6000 been a few days now and still no change - anyone else experiencing similar?
20 REPLIES
Community Veteran

I've been syncing at the full speed (around 8200) for a week now - no change to stable rate.

Sigh :roll:
aeroalfie
Grafter

What’s your stable rate - 6000?
N/A

I've sync'd at 8128/448 constantly for the last 8 days, except for one time around about day 4 when it sync'd at 4000 for some reason (i rebooted and it came back to 812Cool.

As soon as it dropped to 4000 it seemed to decide to fix that as my maximum stable rate, which tallies with my speedtest results (getting 3290 on the plusnet speed checker).

My SNR is a reasonable 9-10dB, however i am getting a lot more crc errors than before (like 90 in the space of 8hrs), so not sure if that's causing the rate profiler to get a bit confused.

Don't know if there's anyway to get the stable rate changed, but I'll wait until the 10days are up and then raise a ticket...tho tbh I ain't exactly losing sleep over it Wink
Community Veteran

What’s your stable rate - 6000?

No change from 2000 in a week.
N/A

Me too.
I've also sync'ed at 8128/448 for a week but MSR remains at 2000 Sad
N/A

mine changed from 500 to 8000 yesterday.....nice Tongue

i did <<This>> speedtest earlier
Community Veteran

Those who still appear to have a lower stable rate than expected can only wait for BT to update PN with the figures - it is also not necessary to reboot every day as the stable rate page suggests.

It appears to be a bit hit and miss what stable rate speeds you get but once the trial period has ended, things usually stablise but it may still take 2 or 3 days after that period before the correct stable rate is shown.

PN also found a problem with them not updating the stable rate even though BT told them which is being fixed on individual lines over the next couple of days.
N/A

Does the stable rate actually limit throughput? I'm a bit unclear regarding what purpose it actually serves. My line is synced at 8128, downstream SNR 11db, downstream attenuation 10db... yet the 'stable rate' is only 6.5meg. I'm only seeing 'real world' speeds of between 4-5meg - presumably due to congestion - , so I don't know if the 'stable rate' is going to act as a throttle.
N/A

It continues to change evewn after the 10 day period. I am 22 days into MaxDSL, always synched at 4mbps and mine has been 2000, 3000, 4000 then back to 2500 then 3000 currently.

Just like BT, it's all over the place.
mitchell20
Grafter

Does the stable rate actually limit throughput? I'm a bit unclear regarding what purpose it actually serves. My line is synced at 8128, downstream SNR 11db, downstream attenuation 10db... yet the 'stable rate' is only 6.5meg. I'm only seeing 'real world' speeds of between 4-5meg - presumably due to congestion - , so I don't know if the 'stable rate' is going to act as a throttle.

I think it does limit throughput, as my stable rate changed yesterday from 2500 to 5000 but I was still getting 2500 type speeds until I re-booted then my actual speed increased to ~4333
N/A

I think that the point of the technology is that it changes constantly. I assumed that it was supposed to implement a fairer way of sharing bandwidth among users at an exchange level (or some other level) by adapting to the best for everyone.
sophos9
Grafter

Lucky lucky all of you!

I'm one of the poor few who has had 100% 8mb sync (non inter)from MaxDSL day 1 however plusnet have not received the delta report so my speed is capped at 2mb

Should be sorted within 24hrs though...
N/A

Lucky lucky all of you!

I'm one of the poor few who has had 100% 8mb sync (non inter)from MaxDSL day 1 however plusnet have not received the delta report so my speed is capped at 2mb

Should be sorted within 24hrs though...

I've been synching at 8128kbps since day one, and have seen no change in my stable rate either - it's still on 2000kbps. It's been like this for about a week or more [I'm not sure exactly how long because I don't know the exact date I was upgraded to Max]. Is there a problem with my connection?
N/A

I think that the point of the technology is that it changes constantly. I assumed that it was supposed to implement a fairer way of sharing bandwidth among users at an exchange level (or some other level) by adapting to the best for everyone.

I don't think that's right, it's meant to get the maximum stable speed on an individuals line, it doesn't take contention or vp status into account.