cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting restrictions lifted ... your avin a larf ....

AndyMan
Grafter

Have a read of this , this is me trying to get level 2 resrictions removed when they should not be there . This was the 2nd ticket I raised on the subject .. Cheesy

BTW my billing cycle began on the 14th April.

Ticket: 19235622 Assigned

Raised: 2006-04-23 16:54:12 by: You

2006-04-23
16:54:12
You
Open : [Support Wizard Journey]
[Billing]
[Other Enquiry - Please inform Wizard Admin if any change to the wizard is required]
[Additional Information]
Can you please make sure that all the resrictions have been removed from my account. You have had my money now (your fault you took it late not mine , see my previous query ) downloads speeds are way way below acceptable.

Speedtest

Your current speed is:

3.77 Mbps

Which means you can download at 483.02 KB/sec. from our servers.

Yet I am getting around 30 - 60kbps
2006-04-23
20:35:39
You
Open : Still no answer on this .. I am absolutelty digusted with your service now , andwill in the near future probably be moving all my accounts (talk etc ) from you to a more proffesional organisation. I was informed on the day my new cycle began (14th) thatr I had exceeded my peaktime allowance , so restrictions were imposed , you in your ineptitude decided not to try to take my direct debit until the 19th , you actually eventually took it on the 20th and even then failed to clear my account until the 21st . I have always had the money in my account for you to take either on the day it is due or even earlier if needed , I conseider myself a good customer and in this case I am being treated very vey shoddy , I can only hope I never have to endure the way you treat bad customers. If this is not sorted soon then I will be leaving you.
2006-04-24
20:50:18
link:CUAremoved
CSC Agent Actioned : Dear Mr Mainwaring,
We are sorry to hear you feel this way if you are having specific issues with the speed of your service please follow the instructions below.

For us to investigate this further, please ensure that you have tried the
connection with the modem/router and splitter plugged directly into the main
socket on its own with no other devices (phones,sky, faxes etc.) plugged
into that phone line anywhere in the house/premises. This rules out local
interference.

Please also ensure that your system is free from viruses and spyware, and
that you have the latest drivers or firmware for your device.

What then needs to be established is where the slowdown is occurring - in
BT's network or our own. To identify this please run the BT network speed
test linked below.

http://usertools.plus.net/tutorials/id/27

It needs to be run 3 or more times over the course of a day, ensuring that
at least one test is run between 12am and 7am to rule out contention. There
is a link below where you can check if your exchange is known to be heavily
congested.

As this is a contended service there may be periods that maximum speeds will
not be achieved and as such BT may not accept a speed fault if the speed
test does not show results below certain levels between 7am and 12am.

http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/

They are as follows:

For a line speed of 512kbps, a minimum of 100kbps is acceptable.
For a line speed of 1Mb, a minimum of 200kbps is acceptable.
For a line speed of 2Mb, a minimum of 400kbps is acceptable.
If speeds are lower than the above please paste the results into the fault
ticket (BT will also be able to see these).

Regards,

To administer your account and for all your help and support requirements visit http://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html
2006-04-25
08:21:41
You
Assigned : can run the speed tests but can you check and confirm that the level 2 restrictions have been lifted from my account (I am now 11 days into my new cycle) , all speeds have seemed ok except Usenet which you restricted on the 14th

Thanks
2006-04-25
08:46:07
Are the slow speeds to our usenet server or an external one? Can you provide trace routes to the server?

Regards,

To administer your account and for all your help and support requirements visit http://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html
2006-04-25
08:51:25
You
Assigned : Cant provide tracroutes as I am at work. All I want is for you to confirm that the restrictions have been lifted from my account as I had no problems until they were imposed. Was an external news server.

Thanks
2006-04-25
12:56:36
You
Assigned : Any news ? We seemed to be doing quite well then you suddenly stopped responding to me again. PLEASE confirm my account status ! have the level 2 restrictions that you imposed on the 14th April been removed Huh?

Thanks
2006-04-25
14:09:21
CSC Agent Assigned : Dear Mr Mainwaring,
The management level 2 will be removed on 14/05/2006, your next billing date as per standard practice.

I will pass this to our networks team to ensure that this is actioned for you.

[internal]
Payment has been taken for this month on 21/04/06 but the level 2 management still appears to be in place.

Please remove and/or advise.

Regards,

2006-04-25
14:16:28
You
Assigned : At last we seem to be getting somewhere. My cycle began the day you imposed the level 2 but you were 7 days late taking the direct debit or none of this would have happened.
2006-04-26
15:40:44
You
Assigned : Any news on whether this has been done ? Am at work so unalbe to test yet. Also while all this has been going on I have been having my line regraded for the upto 8mb service , the restrictions wouldnt have effected that would they ?

Thanks
2006-04-27
11:23:14
You
Assigned : My download speeds seem to have returned to "pre - restriction" levels. I am not closing this ticket though as I asked for confirmation from you which you have totally ignored.
2006-05-02
14:40:35
You have recently undergone a BT regrade of your line to IPMax, there would be a 10 day period where the line adjusts to its new conditions and speeds maybe erratic.

Regards,

2006-05-02
14:44:27
You
Assigned : ha ha , just goes to prove that you dont read the tickets , this ticket was raised because you had forgot to take off level 2 management from my account , nothing to do with the speed update. I am well aware of the problems that is causing. The only reason I wont close the ticket is I am waiting for confirmation that the level 2 management has been removed.
2006-05-02
14:47:14
CSC Agent Assigned : [INTERNAL]

Please confirm L2 management has been removed.

Regards,

2006-05-03
09:52:33
IE - Network Support & Problems Actioned : Dear Mr Mainwaring,
This has been removed.

Regards,

2006-05-03
15:18:06
You
Assigned : I would be interested to know when it was removed .
2006-05-03
15:43:38
Management was removed from your account on the 14/04/06 following your bandwidth being reset on your last billing date.

Regards,

2006-05-03
15:47:32
You
Assigned : If you read back through this ticket and my previous ones you will find it was NOT removed on the 14th , as you didnt take my money until the 21st. Getting a straight answer fromyou guys is like pulling teeth , painfull to say the least.

[Moderator's note by Tom (tomspcs) : Please do not publish the names of CSC Agents. This is against the link:rules ]
3 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

This would certainly appear to have dragged on for longer than it should have in an ideal world. However, now that the management has been removed things should return to normal for you. Though obviously, if you still feel that there is management in place then you'd need to raise a ticket through to support so that they can carry out further investigations.
AndyMan
Grafter

Err sorry , appears I named names ...

Anyway an update ....

2006-05-03
16:34:30

Training/Comms Actioned : Dear Mr Mainwaring,
Looking at your ticket history, this management would appear to have been lifted today. I would advise you to disconnect for five minutes and then reconnect, to ensure that any changes that had to be made have gone through fully. If you are then still seeing slow speeds then please come back to us and we can investigate this further.

Regards,
Somebody I cant name, which is a real shame because I would like to thank him for actually having the nads to admit it....

So there you have it , 14th April to today May 3rd with level 2 restrictions applied for going over last month , March ,,,, Still at least it looks like I have got a result.
AndyMan
Grafter

All speeds now seem to be back to normal ... Just goes to show though ... 18 days via the "contact us" ticket system and nothing , 1 post on here and it gets solved ... Cheesy