cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting really fed up with losing my connection

bigbry
Dabbler

For a few months now I have had problems with losing my connection or 'sync' at what mostly seems to be what you would expect to be busy times, e.g. most weekday evenings especially Mondays. For the first 6 months with Plus the connection was uninterrupted. Then its suddenly got really bad with most evenings being unable to connect. It then improved to a point which I am now just living with. However on Sunday it really annoyed me, I tried ringing BT to see if there were any issues with the exchange as it the connection was just up and down all afternoon. They said I had to ring Plus. I have done this many times now and had different levels of response. One person was particularly good and started doing tests on my link, unfortunately never at a time I was having problems so that ticket got closed. The guy I spoke to on Sunday said it could be to a variety of atmospheric conditions including, and I quote, "the central heating" and "street lamps outside your house". Can someone try and advise me - where on earth should I go from here in getting this sorted!!

Cheers

Bryan
8 REPLIES
N/A

It may not be much help but my problems have almost exactly mirrored yours and I got the cure last night - see :

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=21862

Simon
bigbry
Dabbler

Our connection was also playing up last night, but that is standard for a Monday night. I wouldn't count your chickens just yet!! I have had days of thinking all is well and then that middle light on the modem just starts flashing again!!

What annoys me with this sort of thing is that there are no tools to check where the problem lies. If we have network issues with for example an FTP link the chaps trace the route and see where the connection fails. I have hunted for such tools but at this point don't know whether its my usb ports, modem, leads or the BT exchange. To be honest I don't think its Plus but just wish they could help me a bit more to find where the problem lies. As for BT - what a useless bunch of ......!!!!!
lowry
Grafter

If you are losing synch then the problem will be at the exchange and will be nothing to do with PlusNet. I would report this to PlusNet who will hopefully be able to get a BT Wholesale engineer on to the problem.

matt Wink
N/A

Re: Getting really fed up with losing my connection

For a few months now I have had problems with losing my connection or 'sync' at what mostly seems to be what you would expect to be busy times, e.g. most weekday evenings especially Mondays.

Hi Bryan,

I've only had broadband for about a month now, and for the first 2-3 weeks everything was going great - much better than a previous broadband experience I had with another ISP :x

But the last week has been terrible and I've raised a ticket with Plusnet to try and resolve the issues (some test have been done, but I'm not sure where I take it from there). In the meantime, going on past experience and the endless requests from support about trying all manner of weird and wonderful combinations of setting up my adsl connection I've decided to keep an ongoing web log of my trials and tribulations. ( :roll: Oops - there goes my connection again - might have to wait a bit before this gets posted...)

While it might not help resolve yours or anyone elses current connection woes, it might be interesting to see how many people out there are having similar problems. And, of course, if I do get a positive resolution to the problem, I'll document that too. ( Quick - that's the connection back...)

You can see my ramblings over at -

Adventures in Frog Watching

Cheers,

Brian
N/A

PlusNet Broadband Home ADSL service DOWN!!

The Broadband Home ADSL service that PlusNet are supposed to be providing for me has been unavailable for over 24 hours now. This is not acceptable!

PlusNet keep trying to lay the blame on BT, but BT insist that they have checked the problem, and that it is down to "my ADSL service provider" i.e. PLusNet. One BT rep. I spoke to seemed to even be aware of the problems with PLusNet in particular.

As regards how PlusNet have been treating this situation, I have found the dismissive attitude towards this problem which PlusNet have shown me, adn the instant 'fobbing-off' which I received, to be highly unacceptable.

First, PLusNet told to me check some things which were all working fine just a few hours before the problem started. OK, so I checked them. Still nothing was working, so I asked for PlusNet to call up a fault which they said they would.

When I speak to a representative several hours later, I find out that nothing has been done about sorting out this problem, and they tell me that they will "call up a fault". I was told that the fault had been called up, and something was being done to fix this problem as soon as possible, several hours earlier!

I am told that they will arrange a BT engineer to check the problem, but they don't tell me when, and when I check the 'tickets' I notice that two of the phone calls I made to PlusNet have not been logged.

I am not a happy customer, and fell tha this problem be sorted out as son as possible.

In addition to this, as PlusNet have failed to provide me for the service that I am paying them for, PlusNet should refund us for the full amount of the cost this month's ADSL service. This is the least they should do.

Carlo Borsattino
N/A

My PlusNet ADSL service DOWN OVER 24HRS!!

The Broadband Home ADSL service that PlusNet are supposed to be providing for me has been unavailable for over 24 hours now. This is not acceptable!

PlusNet keep trying to lay the blame on BT, but BT insist that they have checked the problem, and that it is down to "my ADSL service provider" i.e. PLusNet. One BT rep. I spoke to seemed to even be aware of the problems with PLusNet in particular.

As regards how PlusNet have been treating this situation, I have found the dismissive attitude towards this problem which PlusNet have shown me, adn the instant 'fobbing-off' which I received, to be highly unacceptable.

First, PLusNet told to me check some things which were all working fine just a few hours before the problem started. OK, so I checked them. Still nothing was working, so I asked for PlusNet to call up a fault which they said they would.

When I speak to a representative several hours later, I find out that nothing has been done about sorting out this problem, and they tell me that they will "call up a fault". I was told that the fault had been called up, and something was being done to fix this problem as soon as possible, several hours earlier!

I am told that they will arrange a BT engineer to check the problem, but they don't tell me when, and when I check the 'tickets' I notice that two of the phone calls I made to PlusNet have not been logged.

I am not a happy customer, and fell tha this problem be sorted out as son as possible.

In addition to this, as PlusNet have failed to provide me for the service that I am paying them for, PlusNet should refund us for the full amount of the cost this month's ADSL service. This is the least they should do.

Carlo Borsattino
N/A

I've been considering an upgrade to 2Mb when my current 512Kb contract runs out but the spate of complaints about disconnections is putting me off. Mind you, my 512Kb line has been unexpectedly disconnected, in mid-stream as it were, a couple of times recently. These disconnections have been short term and there has been no difficulty in re-connecting. I just wonder whether the rapid increase in broadband use, at all levels, is putting a strain on BT resources and that these sorts of disconnections are going to become a fact of life?
N/A

PLusNet - Poor Customer Support.

The way in which PlusNet are dealing with the total loss of our Broadband Home ADSL service we are experiencing is appalling.

They seem to be brushing it off as nothing too serious, and what am I complaining about? After all, it's only the whole point of the service they are supposed to be providing!!!

I am getting very little response and zero action from PlusNet to resolve this problem, which does not seem acceptable to me. This is why I am posting this message, having to use PlusNet's dial-up account which is connecting at 28kb.

I am not impressed to see that someone else has lost their ADSL service for over 5 days!

Is anyone else experiencing the same problems?

Carlo