cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting mail when catchall turned off!

jmd
Grafter

Have raised ticket a day ago but no reply as yet. I am using domain name for email now and have turned "catchall" off. But I am still getting mail to old address - can anyone out there suggest what I need to do since F9 support do not seem to want to reply to me? Have alias's as advised by f9 but if catchall is off they should Not be delivered surely?
26 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

Have you tried sending a test mail to a non-existant address and see if that's delivered? I've a couple of similar cases both of which had different causes.

The first which was on my mailbox was that emails seemed to arrive to mailboxes that had been blackholed but sending a test email to that address it wouldn't arrive and checking the header it showed that the mail had actually been bcc'd to a real address.

The second was where the change of status of the catch-all hadn't taken effect and thus the mails still came through. If this is the case it'll need the network guys to take a look at it.
jmd
Grafter

Yes - I have tried a test to a ramdom address at my username basis and that arrived! I am still getting spam at the old address so do not know why!
And like I said I raised a ticket over 24 hours ago which has had no response whatever! That is why I posted this topic. I have not usually had to wait so long for reply but perhaps the support staff have all gone away for weekend?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

I've replied to the ticket, if I've misunderstood please let me know.
jmd
Grafter

I have now replied to your answer to ticket.
Glad that someone reads the discussion pages and takes action - just sorry that this simple incident took a while to clear.
jmd
Grafter

well my reply contained another question regarding the mail names you gave me, but no reply to those as yet so presumably I am likely to lose mail as the name you were giving me Is Not what I !
jmd
Grafter

missed off last words! - the mail name given by supportis not name I gave people when I changed to domain name!
jmd
Grafter

Well now, now I just don't get any mail so what someone has done I do not know! But I would like to receive email again................
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Hi,

I've passed the ticket on to the network guys to fix for you, hopefully they'll be able to do that tomorrow. In the meantime I'd have thought that switching the catch-all back on would mean that mail to that address is still received.
jmd
Grafter

Right - have put catchall back on. Hopefuly someone tomorrow will let me know what they are doing and hopefully I will now receive email again.
But thank you Dave - at least you do respond to gripes on the discussion forum!
jmd
Grafter

Have put catchall back on but still not getting email. Perhaps someone somewhere will sort this out soon.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Unfortunately it looks more complicated than I first thought, it's going to need the developers to look into into this in more detail and get it fixed. Hopefully won't take long.
jmd
Grafter

I hope it won't take much longer! I cannot receive any emails now so have no idea whether I should have done or not - so now just wish I had left everything as it was - spam and all! But hopefully someday it will be better?
jmd
Grafter

Still no action on the ticket so therefore still no emails! When is it going to be dealt with - do home users who only use internet for email and surfing get less priority than a business?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

The developers only work 9am to 6pm rather than 24/7 like the front line support guys. It's not often we have to raise tickets to them to fix but unfortunately the nature of this problem means that it's something that needs fixing direct within the code or the backend databases. I'll check it tomorrow afternoon when I'm back in the office.