cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting just over dial-up speeds on 8 meg...

N/A

Apparently I have no hardware problems and PlusNet see no problems when doing checks.
Started a few weeks ago.

Any ideas?
I'm not sure what kind of information you'd need from my end with regards to this, but any help would be much appreciated.

I'm on BB Plus, by the way.

Did the btspeedtester thing and got this: The IP address discovered on the network associated with your telephone number:***********, did not match the one we have logged from this browser/connection. Please check your telephone number and try again. If problem persists please contact your CP.

Can't be good. Sad
12 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

The reason for the speeds you are seeing will be because of your usage. You can check the usage this month under View My Usage under Connection Settings on the left. I'd also recommend taking a look at:

http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/network/bb_plus.shtml
Snarf
Grafter

The btspeedtester reply is just an error that occurs occasionally, goes hand in hand with the "this service is busy" one. Just try again and you should be able to run it.
N/A

Hi,

The reason for the speeds you are seeing will be because of your usage. You can check the usage this month under View My Usage under Connection Settings on the left. I'd also recommend taking a look at:

http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/network/bb_plus.shtml

In Nov - Dec I used almost 100GB, since then I've used hardly anything in the following two months. Never went anything like over the peak allowances. This month (after it started being ridiculously slow), I downloaded a little over the normal first warning. The serious restrictions don't start until after 10 or 12 Gig right?
Any other ideas?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

The peak time allowance on Broadband Plus is 4GB, your billing date is tomorrow so it'll reset tomorrow and you should see a higher speed tomorrow at peak.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

At your levels of usage you need to read http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/network/sustainable_usage_guide.shtml as well.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

The sustainable peak time usage is between 10 and 12 gig, like I said. I didn't reach this amount. Yet my speeds were severely cut during off-peak times as well. How often can you guys change things and not actually inform anyone about it? I certainly didn't receive any e-mails either.

However, like I'd previously said, these poor speeds started waaaaaay before I'd done basically ANY downloading during peak times.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 159

The SUP is 10-12 GB, however traffic management is 4GB. As soon as you reach this you will see your speed resuced. Looking at your usage patterns I would suggest that Broadband Plus is not the most suitable product for you and would advise on altering to our Broadband Premier product.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Staff
N/A

My speed was at just over dial-up BEFORE all that downloading, which was only done at that time as I couldn't manage to download at night.

My browsing was affected, which shouldn't be; my general off-peak allowances were affected, which shouldn't be; I never got any e-mails regarding my downloads, which used to be sent at about 4, 7, 10 gigs of usage.

It's utter rubbish.
N/A

My speed was at just over dial-up BEFORE all that downloading, which was only done at that time as I couldn't manage to download at night.

SO you had "just over dial up" speeds but still managed to download GIGABYTES of data? I wish dial up speeds were that good when I used to be on it.
N/A

Yes. 10-15 kpbs. Over about, of, 8 hours you manage to just about get 350mb.

Do that a few times (there are opportunities in a MONTH to do that what, 90 times?) and you can get a few gig.

[moderators note by Daniel (no7olivier) personal attack removed as per the link:rules]
N/A

No need for nastiness!

if you want uninterrupted d/l speed's i'd suggest going on PAYG!
Community Veteran

Indeed, prrmmi can you please refrain from insulting other users of the boards, even if your opinion does differ from theirs.