cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Poor Speeds Today, Anyone Else?

N/A

Today I have been getting poor speeds around 1.2Mbps, I am on 2Mb premier. I have used both ADSL Guide and Plusnet's speed tests with the same result. Everything was fine yesterday. I have restarted my routet and PC but this makes no difference. Anyone else suffering slow speeds today?
12 REPLIES
N/A

Ive only just switched to 2mb today and yea Im getting rather poor speeds.
N/A

hi m8

i think it really difffers sometimes on the speed tests , 1 tells u 2MB but the other one tells you 1.2MB. anyway it could be a plusnet network error . hope this helps .

:lol:
N/A

In those two tests im getting just over 1mb speeds and the other UNDER 1mb speeds.

Not a great impression PlusNet, going from 1MB to 2MB actually lowered my speed, wonderful :roll:
N/A

We were getting worse than 56k dial up speeds on a 2Mb connection at lunchtime. I restarted the router and speeds went up to 700kb to 1.3Mb but still woefully low for 2Mb.
N/A

Very slooooowwwwwww

I'm on 512Kbs and only getting around 256kbs!!! Is there an overall problem?
N/A

post subject

just ran a check , download speed is normal,500. I'm on homeworker pro512, 20:1 contention
N/A

No speed problems noticed here all day.

Downstream 1885 Kbps (235.6 KB/sec) 2035 Kbps (inc. overheads)
N/A

Hi,

There dont appear to be any generic problems within Plus nets network at the moment.

It is possible that local conditions / issues are causing the problems being experienced here.

For further diagnostic checks see this tutorial and BT Speed Tester

This will help those affected, identify where the issue lies and if necessary it can then be raised to Plus Net for further investigation.
N/A

Getting fairly erratic speeds myself. Decided to do some speed tests. I'm on 2Mbit Premier, and in the last hour or so I've got (from various speed testers):

1128.8kbps (PlusNet )
1323kbps (Adslguide)
1297kbps (Giganews Europe)
channel
Grafter

I'm getting 384kbps on a 1 meg connection. First time I have ever had significant speed issues while with PN.
N/A

I am getting 1.8Mb now so I guess it's down to contention.
N/A

Still fairly poor here.

During the day, yeah, poor speeds probably are down to contention, but look at the PlusNet usage graph:

http://portal.plus.net/support/adsl/troubleshooting/adsl_utilisation.shtml

You can assume that pattern holds true for most other ISPs too, and it's nearly 2am so I don't see how it could be contention related either at PlusNet or at the exchange.

Something doesn't seem right anyway.