cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get a free domain name. (For £100)

mjtuohy
Grafter

Went to home page. +net message Get a free domain name. We wont charge you. We are doing this because of the spam to help you be spam free again. What a good idea I foolishly thought. So clicked on link to say yes please was directed to domain name sighnup page. Filled in form chose a name and you have guessed it form now says when you confirm your details you will be charged just under £100 can't remember the exact amount. I have sent a ticket asking for my FREE domain name to be cancelled.
9 REPLIES
J_i_m
Grafter

Erm. £100?

I'd find that hard to believe even if hosting was included.

.co.uks are only a few quid these days...
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

That doesn't sound right.

I am sure someone can clarify, but the only charge I was aware of was the £5.99 one if you wanted to transfer the registation away from PlusNet - which is fair enough.
mjtuohy
Grafter

Ok it was my fault I chose a .uk.com and it's only the .co.uk one that is free. Might have been a good idea to put in big letters on the note this offer is for .co.uk only. If it is there in big letters allready I am sorry. But I don't think it was.
J_i_m
Grafter

.coms aren't *that* expensive either.
N/A

If you'd like a free .co.uk, .org.uk or .me.uk domain, click the button below.

To register your free .co.uk, .org.uk or .me.uk domain you should now fill in the details on our Domain Registration page.

This is made fairly clear already- perhaps a box to the right of the drop down list for top level domain to clarify which TLD's are available for free might be helpful if the user has selected the free domain option.

Don't know that this should involve much development work.
Community Veteran

Or just a bit of bold, as you have used in your quotes.

Chilly
Silverscooby

As an aside - for those of us who are already paying for a .co.uk domain name through PlusNet - do we now get if for free ?
p_w_d_stone
Grafter

@silverscooby

Can we continue that question here where the question has already been asked?

(Admittedly only four minutes earlier)
fonebone
Grafter

Yep. Same thing happened to me last week. Spent ten minutes sorting out a nice url and was confronted with a 'Registration Fee' page expecting me to click away ninety quid. I forgot to click that one.

My Account / Domain Names still expects 5o quid for 2 years of .co.uk, so I wonder where that all went..?