cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General rant and comments about Plusnet

N/A

You know, a couple of years ago, I was full of praise for plusnet. Their uptimes, reliability, great service....

What the heck has happend there then?! What is so difficult about getting a reliable internet service working? It seems that Plusnet can no longer organise so much as a piss up in a brewery. VMBU problems, email problems, connection problems, speed problems....this company seem to be nothing but problems lately! Why couldn't the idiots leave well enough alone with what was working fine? Admittedly, the only thing I seem to get recurring problems with is email, but with the amount of people sounding off here about all the other problems, I have very little doubt that they are as bad as claimed....

Now please Plusnet, be honest and tell us why there are all these problems? You are already becoming a laughing stock as a poor excuse for an ISP? I care little for support statistics, webcams of the call centre and pretty graphics....I just want my always-on BB connection, to be always on and the services I am paying money for to be available!

Much more problems, and I as a long standing customer (does 3+yrs count as long standing?!) will be joining the droves leaving, even if I have to pay more to get the reliability I require.

(was gonna put this as a reply in the weekly 'email's down again' thread, but figured it was heading a bit off topic...)

Steve
11 REPLIES
N/A

I've also been with PN over 3 years, my sentiments exactly on your post.
As a few people have posted before, the accountants took over and it's now profits before service.
N/A

Hi there,

PlusNets problems and their causes have been well documented on these and other forums recently.

The email issue is currently being addressed by investing in and rolling out a resilient and scalable platform. The issues with Max and LLU are also being dealt with and the plans for improvements in support provision are also well documented.

As for people leaving in droves, not sure where that comes from. With a customer base of @200k, the relatively small number of people who appear on this forum and others, who experience problems, is in no way representative of the experience of the majority of the customer base.

Yes the forum portrays a grim picture at times, but one needs to bear in mind that most people visit the forum only when they have a problem.

Whilst not wishing to diminish the very real problems and issues currently affecting the customer base, I feel a bit of perspective is necessary once in a while. Smiley
N/A

surprised every member isn't on here permanently
N/A

As for people leaving in droves, not sure where that comes from. With a customer base of @200k, the relatively small number of people who appear on this forum and others, who experience problems, is in no way representative of the experience of the majority of the customer base.

Interesting...so the people who aren't on here don't have any problems with Plusnet?! We are just the unlucky few then...

I have made @20 posts on this forum simply because I don't need to. I login now and again, and post when I feel I can contribute. Today I'm just posting out of the sheer frustration that YET AGAIN I am getting an unreliable service! How many of those 200k users never post and just go quietly? Would be interested to see how many customers have requested MAC codes in the last month compared to the same month in 05, 04 etc...

Actually thats a good one! Come on Plusnet, you like to be fully open with customers telling us all about statistics etc...lets see the figures on leaving rates..(bet that goes unanswered...)
Lolaan
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I have been with Plusnet for 3 years as well, after having a bad time with my previous ISP, and I also had praises for Plusnet. Now I wanted to upgrade my account in july, but when I saw the problems created by the changes, I have decided to stay put and wait for the time when Plusnet sort out all the problems. And I am still waiting. Not only on this forum people are complaining, but I saw complaints about Plusnet on other forums and articles on websites too. Some people never use the forums but they might as well look in them to find informations, and the length of time it's taking Plusnet to sort out these problems might not inspire any confidence into joining the Plusnet community. And Plusnet having a rant about people complaining about the Plusnet service is not helping neither, as it might be interpreted as Plusnet having no regards for their customers as soon as they have problems. I am on a dialup (which has been working perfectly since I got the account) but I want to take the plunge and get Broadband, however I dread it, just in case I am one of the unlucky ones. But I'll still be waiting...a while longer...and hope.
By the way, I can't retrieve my emails...again.
N/A

The PN dial-up is more reliable.
When my desktop BB won't connect for a variety of error messages, password, timeout, remote computer not responding etc, I turn to my laptop and connect through dial-up, first time, every time with PN, no errors!
N/A

"surprised every member isn't on here permanently"
maybe cause they cant find it ,get online or my favourite apathy which the great british public is best at Cheesy
N/A

Agree wholeheartedly - joined 3 years ago and have always been very satisfied with the service until we started getting problems in August. Since then had connection down for days three times (currently nearly two weeks and counting), no response from customer service, have never been treated so badly by any organisation claiming to have a customer service function. I've gone from being an enthusiastic advocate of PlusNet to someone who is now telling friends (three have asked for ISP recommendations in the past couple of weeks if you're wondering how many potential as well as actual customers you're losing) "If anyone recommends PlusNet to you, hit them in the face with a brick".

And as for why these forums aren't flooded with people complaining about this rubbish they call a service, quite possibly most of them:
a) don't know about these forums - I didn't until stumbled across them googling for "PlusNet terrible service" to see if it was just me being treated like dog muck on a shoe
b) they haven't got an internet connection so they can't post on the forums if they wanted to
c) life's too damn short - up until recently I was taking the view that I've wasted enough time on PlusNet's abominable service without ranting about it on forums. Now however their rudeness and ignorance has tipped me over the edge and I'm happy to spend hours letting people know how terrible they are.

So well done PlusNet - you've turned me from an enthusiastic advocate to an active enemy. I'm waiting to see if you ever manage to reconnect my service how long it stays up for before deciding whether to cancel forever (see despite all this I'm willing to at least give them a chance to fix it), but tbh it's not the lack of connection that's infuriated me - it's the sheer appalling way I (and many others like me to judge from posts on here) have simply been ignored. I can cope with a hiccup in the service - I fail to say why I should tolerate a lack of even basic respect.
N/A

It is a shame, PN used to be such a good ISP, but in the past 12 months they've been intent on wringing more money out of people, for a poorer service.

I think I'll be jumping ship to sky too, along with the other 24% who have migrated to them.
N/A

I'm happy to spend hours letting people know how terrible they are.

So well done PlusNet - you've turned me from an enthusiastic advocate to an active enemy.

They do seem to have a habit of shooting themselves in the foot don't they Paul... :|
N/A

hate to fly the flag for plusnet but, things arn't all fine and dandy @ sky. just thought people might want to have a look on here skyuser.co.uk before they do jump ship. lots of problems re. faulty routers, routers being lost in the post, no access to certain sites (eg cnn.com!) and other general teething problems. oh and a few posts say that the customer service is rubbish too. sky bb has hardly been around and some people hate the customer service levels already.

on the other hand once you've joined and then threaten to leave, they'll give you a nice discount on your sky tv subscription! so just because of that i might jump ship too! Wink