cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General availability of multicast ?

N/A

Dear Force9/PlusNet Support,

I would like to know if the multicast trials have been successfully concluded and if/when you plan to enable multicast on all Force9/PlusNet subscribers' accounts or if it will remain a closed trial for the long term ?

The reason that I ask is that I am currently developing an Icecast/RTP relay server (patches to the current icecast CVS tree) in my spare time that depends on multicast functionality and I am at the stage where I would like to test my code on a 'live' multicast-enabled Internet connection rather than the prototype network I have at home.

My development server currently sits on a multicast-enabled network elsewhere in Internet-land.

So, would it be possible to still get on the trial or can you confirm if multicast is going to be offered to all Force9/PlusNet users in the very near future and if so, what are the timescales roughly ?

Regards,
Terry
6 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi Terry,

At the moment I don't know when the multicast trial is going to finish, but I will try and find out either tomorrow or next week when the people that know will be in.
N/A

Hi Dave,

Did you manage to get a response from your Networks team on this ?

Regards,
Terry
N/A

Dear Force9,

I would still appreciate a response to my question.

Regards,
Terry
N/A

I just wish netgear would allow there routers to support this!

As far as i am aware, the mutilcast trial is still on, but should be a fully launch in Spring / Summer for the BBC service.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Hi there,

Those interested in taking part in the trial should use the form here to submit a request to be considered. Turnaround is normally a week or so as I tend to do these in batches. It would appear that the Beeb entering the second phase of their trial has stirred a bit of interest again so I'll be looking to provide a bit more information about the trials and a central discussion point when I get the chance.

Kind Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

N/A

Does the F9 Supplied USB Modem work? I think it looks like a BT Modem, just without the logo on it!

Cheers