cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming using PlusNet

N/A

Gaming using PlusNet

Hello everyone

I am new to PlusNet, about 4 hours new !

May I ask: Does anyone play Flight Sim games, such as IL2-Forgotten Battles or Microsoft Flt.Sim using PlusNet please.

If they do, which wireless router do you recommend ?

regards

grimerz
8 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

Gaming using PlusNet

I've played MS Flight Simulator a while back. I use a Netgear DG834G. I find it very reliable, never failed me - and works fine for online and LAN gaming when wireless so long as you have a fairly good signal - which, with the DG834G, has never let me down.
N/A

Gaming using PlusNet

Im using the Belkin 7633, no problems so far.
N/A

Gaming using PlusNet

Liam

What a relief to me. Thank you very much for replying so quickly.

I use the DG843G too, and it is very reliable indeed. Unfortunately it will not let go to any gaming sites. It tries to contact the server but ALWAYS comes up with, 'cannot contact:reason time out.'

May I ask you, exactly how did you set-up the DG834G in order for you to get into the game please?

regards

grimerz
LiamM
Grafter

Gaming using PlusNet

I did precisely nothing...

:s
N/A

Gaming using PlusNet

Oh !!! No port-forwarding or stuff like that?

I was under the impression that one must set port-fwding for games to play ?

I will try and set mine to the original settings, which I imagine may require a reset of the Router?

regards

grimerz
N/A

hi

check ur firewall aint chucking u out [ie denying access to server ]
suec45
Grafter

Gaming using PlusNet

I play Il2 Forgotten battles online a lot, I use a linksys WAG54G router and it works great.

I didnt have to port forward or anything, maybe its a software firewall you have running that is the problem.

Do you use any Antivirus/Firewalls?
N/A

Gaming using PlusNet

Thank you Suec45.

Even when I turn my ZoneAlarm FW off completely, I still cannot get to any games areas. Reckon I had better call in the Netgear cavalry, just down the road from my home, and see if they can help me.

It is like, 'wading-around-in-glue,' trying to get my Netgear DG834G to let me play any games at all.

regrads

grimerz