cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming issue on usage again!

dennisb66
Grafter

On two occasions earlier i have had high Gaming usage recorded on PEAK usage, although i never use Gaming,on each occasion the fault was at +net end and duly corrected. :lol:
I now have 2.58GB of Gaming recorded on my OFFPEAK usage normally this would not concern me,however if this was to continue happening on BBYY option 2(if i change)then it would severely effect my 8GB PEAK usage. Cry
Would someone please look into this problem,and if possible an assurance that it has been permanently corrected.Thankyou.
4 REPLIES
dennisb66
Grafter

Grateful for an answer please. Wink
James
Grafter

Dennis,

If you can get a ticket raised on this issue, supplying as much information as possible, we can then get it passed to our Networks Team who would then be able to investigate.

I'm not currently logged into Workplace (on my girlfriends Virgin Media connection) so I can't see if you have done this yet Smiley
dennisb66
Grafter

ok James will do.
dennisb66
Grafter

Question answered.......

Dear Mr Barker,
The problem which affected Broadband Plus customers has now been fixed, we have a monitoring system in place which monitors your usage actively and stops invalid data being assinged to your account. If you change your product to BBYW then the problem will not apply to you any more.

The gaming usage is a reflection of what our traffic management thinks of the traffic being sent and received by you. The traffic is detected based on a variety of criteria, ports, signatures, protocols etc. It is possible that data gets categorised incorrectly but that does not affect the total value transferred. I have verified from our accounting system and data shown in VMBU is consistent with total transfer figures.

Kind Regards,
Rizwan Sarwar