cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming borked again???

N/A

Gaming borked again???

Tried BF2 and BF2:SF tonight with MASSIVE ping times.

So much so that I cant even get into the servers I usually play in.

Have +net changed something AGAIN and stuffed it all up the swanny?
11 REPLIES
N/A

Gaming borked again???

Dont think so. Seems ok here. Try reboot your modem. Could be a dodgy or contended gateway.
N/A

Gaming borked again???

Thx

About 8 or 9 router reboots solved the problem.......too much bandwidth being used up on one gateway by people doing naughty naughty torrent things?

All that hassle just to get reamed on BF2:SF Ghost Town!!!!!! Evil
N/A

Gaming borked again???

Hmm. I wouldnt have thought so. I thought the hellaycas were supposed to stop that. Meh. As long as it doesnt go belly up again. Wont be happy if it does
N/A

Gaming borked again???

My connection hasnt been right since late December in CS:S.
I still get 20-30ms ping spikes very few minutes or so.
Hopefully it'll be better on Zen, my connection should be available by Thursday midnight.
N/A

Gaming borked again???

Hopefully it'll be better on Zen

I hope so to for your sake. Although the current state of affairs with Zen is all too remeniscent of PN 12 -18 months ago. Load balancing issues, network slowdowns, borked gateways. Not promising tbh.

Good luck tho.
N/A

Gaming borked again???

I've noticed a few complaints disappearing of the zen forums too. i tend to keep and eye on zen. I was tempted alittlle but i dont think i'll be risking it. That and the fact i got hung up on by some rude agent on the phone.
N/A

Gaming borked again???

tbh the zen issues are prob related to PN with all their customers migrating to them hehe Cheesy
N/A

Gaming borked again???

Well we'll see, i can always come back! LOL

My account has been downgraded to a PAYG dialup so i can keep my referals so that made my mind up to move as i may well come back when the traffic shaping, latency etc is all sorted! Smiley
N/A

Gaming borked again???

traffic shaping will never be sorted, i think thats going to be pretty standard and more and more ISP's will be doing it, unfortunatly.
N/A

Gaming borked again???

I'm sure it will be something that all ISP's use, but low bandwidth, latency critical usage such as gaming should be prioritised, not degraded. Unfortunately running traceroutes and pings will never show what's going on with any protocol specific management.
N/A

Gaming borked again???

Shock horror but my ping was ok last night, only a couple of ping spikes in the ~30 minutes i played...best its been in 6 weeks.