cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Problem

fingleburt
Grafter

Gaming Problem

Is anyone else having problems gaming on a 8Mb Max Plusnet connection? For the last two days Ive been getting huge pings an timeouts playing FFXI(rpg game if you must know). Its making the game unplayable and I am really starting to get quite annoyed now. Evil
120 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Gaming Problem

Can you try rebooting please?

I've harped on about how we had an issue on the platform last night, which may have been for reason for your current problem.
fingleburt
Grafter

Gaming Problem

Rebooted James. Still the same.

Problems started at 7pmish yesterday evening, was fine for a bit this morning/afternoon but now its gone back to kack.
James
Grafter

Gaming Problem

Can you raise a ticket detailing the servers you use and the ports that the game itself uses?

I can then pass the ticket to Networks and get them to investigate.
fingleburt
Grafter

Gaming Problem

Okies James, Ive raised a ticked: 21066366

regards
Alex.
James
Grafter

Gaming Problem

Thanks Alex.

I've passed it to Networks.
N/A

Gaming Problem

I've been having serious problems with the same game over the last few days (very high latency during the evening, making it pretty much unplayable), and I'm also on 8Mb.

Would it be worthwhile for me to raise a ticket as well, or not?

Either way, I'd be interested to know if Networks are able to get Alex's issue resolved, since it's a pretty frustrating situation.
Snarf
Grafter

Gaming Problem

I've had increasing problems with disconnects especially over the last few days, 10 disconnects yesterday, another 5 today has made gaming not exactly the most pleasant experience. I raised a fault with the line, didn't consider it could be the network. Maybe they're connected, maybe they're not - at least it would be nice if PN answered my 2 hour ticket in under 24 Wink
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Gaming Problem

Hi,

It certainly can't hurt to raise a ticket, put as much details you can about the ports it uses and if there's any central servers if you can include IP addresses that's very useful too.
barryg
Dabbler

Gaming Problem

I have been getting a similar problem recently when playing BF2. I have raised a call and I think pn are looking in to my line. I've been getting disconnected from games quite frequently over the last month, but it does seem to have got worse in the last week or so. The first thing I tend to notice is that all the people who are chatting on teamspeak start breaking up, then I get connection problems in game. Sometimes it sorts itself out prior to me being disconnected, but more often than not, I lose the connection, have to reboot my router and start again. All this usually happens between 7pm and 10pm.

I don't know if it's the MaxDSL trying to adapt to a new download rate, a problem on my line, the volume of people online at that time, or a problem within the pn network. Other friends of mine who use plusnet don't seem to have a problem, but then their line conditions may be different.

So not that I can be of much use here, but misery loves company they say!! Lol! So if any of you plusnet support folk out there have got any ideas about why this could be happening I'd be pleased to hear from you!

Regards

Adrian
fingleburt
Grafter

Gaming Problem

James Ive had a less than helpful reply from CS, can you give someone a {/poke}. I really would hate to have to migrate over this.

Regards
Alex.
Community Veteran

Gaming Problem

I have been getting a similar problem recently when playing BF2.

I play BF2MC, the PS2/XBOX version of BF2. As in this game www.battlefield.ea.com ... Yes your game too?

I had a ticket open for nearly 4 months on this, from mid September. I closed it the other day because games had improved and had PN monitor my line (at 09:30AM) and was told all traffic was Titanium o...

Sad

--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Gaming Problem

So not that I can be of much use here, but misery loves company they say!! Lol! So if any of you plusnet support folk out there have got any ideas about why this could be happening I'd be pleased to hear from you!

I've spotted what I think is the reason for it and provided you some details in your ticket.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Gaming Problem

James Ive had a less than helpful reply from CS, can you give someone a {/poke}. I really would hate to have to migrate over this.

Hi,

The reply's come from one of the network guys, the port list you've given is too large to create a rule for, is there any way of narrowing that list down?
N/A

Gaming Problem

I've had a ticket open for 2 months about FFXI problems
I just get timeouts, and impossible to login during peak times.

If you find anything, keep me updated Wink