cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Pings

N/A

Gaming Pings

Could someone please tell me what their average pings are on CS UK servers with ISDN and Plus.net unmetered service please.

Thanks,
11 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Gaming Pings

> Could someone please tell me what their average pings are on CS UK servers with ISDN and Plus.net unmetered service please.
>
> Thanks,

Hi,
As well as posting in here, you may get a response in the group plusnet.games.general.
Regards

--
| Daniel Hubbard...............................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Senior Technical Consultant..........................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............................@ http://www.plus.net
+ ------ My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -------------+
N/A

Usually 100-150 (sometimes below 100 but not often) on UK servers, UK2.NET, Barrysworld etc. On F9 servers I was getting a ping of 60 the other night but usually around the 90 mark.
N/A

> Usually 100-150 (sometimes below 100 but not often) on UK servers, UK2.NET, Barrysworld etc. On F9 servers I was getting a ping of 60 the other night but usually around the 90 mark.

100-150? that aint too good with ISDN, i can usually get down to 180 on 56k.
N/A

Just seems to be the case for ISDN pings. Plusnet do offer more than any other ISP and service, browsing, downloading is great but pings dont seem to be too good. Not just me either check out messages elsewhere. According to Cstrike though the difference doesnt really make that much of a difference.
N/A

> Could someone please tell me what their average pings are on CS UK servers with ISDN and Plus.net unmetered service please.
>
> Thanks,

friends using the isdn service connecting to my CS server get about 80 to 90 pings
N/A

> > Could someone please tell me what their average pings are on CS UK servers with ISDN and Plus.net unmetered service please.
> >
> > Thanks,
>
>
> friends using the isdn service connecting to my CS server get about 80 to 90 pings
>

Hi there,

Also note that a FRIACO-based account (on EVERY isp) will have higher pings than an equivalent 0845 account. This is because of the additional hops required to get anywhere.

Regards,
Mike

--
| Mike Grice........................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support...........................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd...............http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----------
N/A

I just posted here but looks like it didnt work... so i'll post again, sorry if i'm repeating myself Tongue

I was getting pings of 70 - 80 with ISDN on Jolt/Barry's etc. untill the last 3 days ... I now have pings from 70 up to anywhere in the 1000's, omg, what's happend? any ideas support ppl?

Yeah FRIACO is pretty poor for gaming on any ISP, I only hope that this is fixable by BT (spit) or some-one comes out with a package that doesn't use this awful system... anything in the pipeline, plusnet? I'll prolly just have to wait untill 2010 for ADSL to become 'available' round here. :E

But I must say that of all the ISP's I have used lately (there have been a few), PLUSNET stands, without a doubt, head and shoulders above the rest: EXCELENT technical support and superb user services. I'll be sticking with 'em. Keep it up Plusnet Smiley

Cheers.
N/A

> I was getting pings of 70 - 80 with ISDN on Jolt/Barry's etc. untill the last 3 days ... I now have pings from 70 up to anywhere in the 1000's, omg, what's happend? any ideas support ppl?

I don't know exactly what the problem has been caused by. Was it after the FRIACO problem on Tuesday or did it happen later in the week?

> Yeah FRIACO is pretty poor for gaming on any ISP, I only hope that this is fixable by BT (spit) or some-one comes out with a package that doesn't use this awful system... anything in the pipeline, plusnet?

We're kinda tied here. BT believed that the take-up of unmetered internet access would saturate the existing phone system to the point where it would affect voice calls. That is why they built the current system, we had the same problems with surftime, which ironically they has managed to fix all the bad problems by the time we dumped it for FRIACO.

>I'll prolly just have to wait untill 2010 for ADSL to become 'available' round here. :E

I'm in the same boat. I live physically 1.5 miles from the exchange in Doncaster town centre and about .5 miles from my local exchange, but I don't think I'll see ADSL before the end of the decade.

> But I must say that of all the ISP's I have used lately (there have been a few), PLUSNET stands, without a doubt, head and shoulders above the rest: EXCELENT technical support and superb user services. I'll be sticking with 'em. Keep it up Plusnet Smiley

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Kind Regards

Duncan
--
| Duncan Scotland          Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Senior Technical Consultant   for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. @ http://www.plus.net
+ ------- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ---------
N/A

Lo Duncan, thnx for your reply Smiley

It happened last Thurs. through to Sat. (22nd to 24th November)
I have just tested pings on Jolt and today it seems better; 100-200ms with no discernable lag. But still not as good as it was.

Hehe I remember Suftime... Most unpleasant.

Is there any way to find out 'when?' ADSL will be coming to a specific area rather than 'is it?' currently available in an area?

Thnx.
N/A

> Lo Duncan, thnx for your reply Smiley
>
> It happened last Thurs. through to Sat. (22nd to 24th November)
> I have just tested pings on Jolt and today it seems better; 100-200ms with no discernable lag. But still not as good as it was.

Don't quote me, but if I recall correctly, the Colossus failure was "patched" at BTs end, and they will fix it properly as soon as they can. I may be proved wrong on this, of course.

> Hehe I remember Suftime... Most unpleasant.
>
> Is there any way to find out 'when?' ADSL will be coming to a specific area rather than 'is it?' currently available in an area?

Yes, we can do this, although it is often easier to just ring 150 - they have more ready access to the information.

Regards,
Mike

--
| Mike Grice........................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support...........................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd...............http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----------
N/A

Ok thnx Smiley