cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming = Gold

N/A

Gaming = Gold

I have just read PlusNet's vision for 2006 and I would like to recommend promoting gaming traffic to Gold status as it is very time sensitive. :roll:
10 REPLIES
N/A

Gaming = Gold

yeh, well its soon going to be needed but not right atm...

No silver traffic has been droped yet so theres no affect on latency whatsoever. Although with some of the current problems with WOW, i'm not sure that there isnt a small loss of packets somewhere.

Its been mentioned before and turned down. Maybe the WOW issue will see it raised to Gold
LiamM
Grafter

Gaming = Gold

The WoW issues are external to the PN network and if you look at other forums on the internet - other ISPs are experiencing identical problems.

Your are right that there has been no silver packets dropped since the ellacoya's were brought into service.
JonathanW
Grafter

Gaming = Gold

Hi,

I've posted this in the gaming forum, on the WoW thread that's already going on. We have just implemented some changes to the way that gaming runs through our network. Feedback over the next couple of days, on whether this has improved things, would be appreciated, so that we can continue to improve the service for our customers.
N/A

;)

Thanks - it's good to know that Silver is still adequate as I'm a regular Americas Army player. I'll let you know if I have a noticable difference.
N/A

Gaming = Gold

Add another vote to promoting gaming to gold - Xbox Live has been rubbish recently with drop outs and disconnections.
N/A

Gaming = Gold

Add another vote to promoting gaming to gold - Xbox Live has been rubbish recently with drop outs and disconnections.

If this is true and with the release of the Xbox 360 in little over a week I think it would be a good idea to push it up to Gold. There is going to be a hell of a lot of online gaming with the new 360 and I think many customers of BB early next year will be looking for one that promotes any console online activity.
N/A

Gaming = Gold

I've just joined PlusNet (this is my first day!).
I left my previous ISP as the network kept disconnecting me from game servers. 90% of my BB connection for on-line game play and also downloading of game patches or updates.

The worst thing is playing a game for 30mins then only to be disconnected due to a poor network connection. A stable connection is my number one requirement.
Community Veteran

Gaming = Gold

Welcome; you might be interested to read the update to their vision; IIRC gaming is going to be given a higher or equivalent priority to web and e-mail...
N/A

Gaming = Gold

yeah Gaming will be GOLD from mid-december i think. great news, hopefully pings will improve significantly.
N/A

Gaming = Gold

So far so good.
Then moved to E7even before moving to plusnet a few days ago.

PINGS: I did get lower therefore better ping rates on E7even that plusnet so that is a downside, but the ping was very bad on weekends due to heavy downloads during that time on e7even.

Network Stability: E7even network was flakey. I kept loosing network (hung sessions) all the time and they kept performing month-long network upgrades, in fact 2 in the last 12 months making my connection useless for 2 monts (pings ranged during this time from 800 to 2700!). This was my main reason for going to plusnet.

Capacity (network): E7even had no download limit and at £10 per month wow! The issue there was everyone joined and started downloading like mad therefore causing very poor performance on weekends as it just couldn't cope.

Services: Very good free co.uk domain, static ip, and a basic webspace but with no mysql or frontpage extns like plusnet does.

Email: e7even did have free email with anti-spam and virus, but the delivery time was pants with major latancy even when sending the email back to your own address! So far I have found Plusnets is very good. Also the web front end for plusnet is way better!

Over all: thumbs up on Plusnet at the m, just blew my 1GB limit in the first 2 days due to playing BF2 on-line. lol